Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

After the investigation into your petition, were you offered a chance to review the case, offer comments and rebuttal? Did you go do this? Is it better to do this or not bother? I don't want to slow down the case whatsoever, but even though it is a pretty straightforward case, I don't want to mess it up. I just don't know how I'll find time in the next 10 days to get to Erie during office hours! I'm so happy this will soon be all behind me! Please offer any advice and information you think will be helpful!
Dec 13th 2013 new
Yes.. I did it.. My ex didn't participate, but it was reassuring to me that my brother (one of the witnesses) saw things the same way I did in our family of origin. Having someone to corroborate me was crucial to my case. I never discussed the annulment issue with him before hand. But he said all the right things. Our dad was an alcoholic that was verbally abusive to our mother. My other two witnesses had little effect one way or the other. So he was a Tribunal requested add on. His testimony made me cry.. As to the comment and rebuttal, there was no reason for it in my case and I would let sleeping dogs lie in any case. My best friend is a Tribunal advocate and and she tells people to resist the urge to use this occasion to fight back. The Tribunals have heard everything and they are pretty good at ferreting out the truth.
Dec 13th 2013 new
Sister told me after the info gets sent on from here, it should only be a couple weeks -- then it's final! This is the final decision!
Dec 13th 2013 new
I left it in the hands of God. I knew that I had been completely honest and there wasn't anything more to add. Just trust.....it'll be as it should :)
Dec 13th 2013 new
I really didn't want to read anything my ex or his witness may have written. A lot of it would be lies just to hurt me. I actually don't even know if my ex responded.
Dec 14th 2013 new
I did review the case and although my ex didn't respond at all, I didn't think that some of the appraisals in the text were accurate. I did challenge them, and got the annulment about a month later. I do think that I almost gave too much detail in all my questions, which led them to scrutinize it all. So perhaps simple is better.
Dec 14th 2013 new
(quote) Katherine-865889 said: I left it in the hands of God. I knew that I had been completely honest and there wasn't anything more to add. Just trust.....it'll be as it should :)
That was my approach.
Dec 14th 2013 new
I've decided to leave it all in God's hands. The Tribunal is pretty savvy about seeing through any lies so I think anything the ex said will be an even better picture into his psyche and speed the annulment on that much faster. I'm so excited because now it's just a matter of days!
Dec 17th 2013 new
I will be down this path in a few months. Trusting in God. smile
Jan 9th 2014 new
I'm so glad I went through this process and then left it in God's hands -- I'm so glad it's over -- I'm so glad I can be free of the obligation to behave as if I were still married to him -- I'm so ready to move on -- I'm free!
Posts 1 - 10 of 28