Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

www.conservativeinfidel.com.

Moderator's Note:

The above article was removed after it was posted. The following is another report of the same story:
nationalreport.net

Dec 13 new
(quote) Debbie-168656 said: http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/uncategorized/9-year-old-suspended-saying-merry-christmas-teacher...
Debbie, I'm sending you the medical bill for my tongue reattachment (the result of biting it so hard).

This situation defies description. That teacher does not belong in a classroom.

Dec 13 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Debbie, I'm sending you the medical bill for my tongue reattachment (the result of biting it so hard).

This situation defies description. That teacher does not belong in a classroom.

check out Lina's thread about health care! I don't cover tongue reattachments! laughing tongue laughing

troubling on so many levels. and I agree that the teacher does not belong in the classroom. and I'm wondering about an administration that would support the teacher in this?

sigh. what is happening to us? so sad.

Dec 13 new
Notwithstanding the extremism exhibited regarding the subject matter, the authority figure made it clear what was not acceptable in his classroom, so the kid knew about it. If it were any other subject other than Christmas/Christian religious beliefs, would the outcome still be objectionable?

I wonder whether the boy did it to be spiteful/passive-aggressive, or whether he, indeed, was striking a blow defending his religion. (He was Christian, wasn't he?)
Dec 13 new
A week-long suspension?! Hey, that's just extra Christmas vacation! Er, excuse me--extra winter break.

rolling eyes
Dec 13 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Notwithstanding the extremism exhibited regarding the subject matter, the authority figure made it clear what was not acceptable in his classroom, so the kid knew about it. If it were any other subject other than Christmas/Christian religious beliefs, would the outcome still be objectionable?

I wonder whether the boy did it to be spiteful/passive-aggressive, or whether he, indeed, was striking a blow defending his religion. (He was Christian, wasn't he?)
I can certainly see how a 9 year old might not consider saying "Merry Christmas" as "bringing religion into the classroom." Many people celebrate Christmas with little if any regard for the religious significance.

That aside, the severity of the punishment far exceeds the offense and the teacher's seems to be more concerned about himself than the students.

Dec 13 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: ... the severity of the punishment far exceeds the offense and the teacher's seems to be more concerned about himself than the students.

Agreed. Very true. If the boy was making a political statement (whether self-motivated or due to some parental encouragement), the teacher certainly could be doing the same--striking a blow FOR the elimination of religion, I guess.

But isn't it normally the school Administration the ones responsible for determining suspensions, not a teacher?

....And, I just went to check out who the article said determined it, and now the article is unavailable.
Dec 13 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: ....And, I just went to check out who the article said determined it, and now the article is unavailable.
Hummm...

Did Debbie set us up with a fake article???? IMWTK!

Dec 13 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Hummm...

Did Debbie set us up with a fake article???? IMWTK!

argh! if it's a fake article I didn't do it on purpose! sorry, I saw it posted on facebook but did a google search and also found it on some other sites.

lemme check this out!! scratchchin laughing
Dec 13 new
nationalreport.net

maybe this one will work??

Posts 1 - 10 of 22