Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Just yesterday I noticed the existence of a new notification that tells you "This member does not wish to correspond" (or words to that effect). When did this come into effect?

Dec 18 new
(quote) Michael-576595 said:

Just yesterday I noticed the existence of a new notification that tells you "This member does not wish to correspond" (or words to that effect). When did this come into effect?

It's been on CM, in various flavors, for a very long time. It's actually a good thing as it helps filter to where someone might meet a Potential.
Dec 18 new
(quote) Michael-576595 said:

it happened to me, don't dwell on that... Move on and still keep sending messages....

God bless you..
Dec 18 new
I wish they would reword it a little, kind of harsh I think.
Dec 18 new
It's a great idea, but I think it could be worded a little kinder, such as "thank you, but I don't think we're a match". The way it is written is a bit cold.
Dec 18 new
(quote) Dave-24315 said: I wish they would reword it a little, kind of harsh I think.
I too think it's too harsh, I think peeps should man up( or woman up) and just be charitable to let someone know if they are not interested.

Dec 18 new
Once one realizes that it is a canned message, the bottom line is exactly that, "the member does not wish to correspond," which will hurt regardless of how it is phrased. It could just as easily read "System exception 6744356" and hurt just as much. Even if the canned text went on about how wonderful I am and how I should keep trying and that some day I'll find my match, and barring that, God will welcome me in heaven and all the pain will be gone and every tear will be wiped away, in the end, it is what it is, as my employer likes to say.
Dec 19 new
I have not had the pleasure [get no response except for nice polite personal responses
from non romantic friends] and winks go unresponded to
Dec 19 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: Once one realizes that it is a canned message, the bottom line is exactly that, "the member does not wish to correspond," which will hurt regardless of how it is phrased. in the end, it is what it is, as my employer likes to say.
Good perspective Andrew.. and as my employer says as well.. wink
I think everyone has offered some good feedback.
Dec 19 new
My question is whether that message goes out if I just hide someone from my match search, or of it only happens if I've blocked someone for rude messages?
Posts 1 - 10 of 18