Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Hello everyone from Oz.,

Hope you are all well. I'm wondering, does anyone know of any genuine (non-scam) work from home jobs for single parents? The good old 'net' is full of supposed work from home jobs but they end up being reviewed as scams and time-wasters.

Maybe getting a genuine work from home job is not realistic but I was hoping someone may know of an opening that is the real deal?

Thanks for your time. Best wishes and God Bless, Sally from Oz. :)
Oct 1st 2013 new
(quote) Sally-1011334 said: Hello everyone from Oz.,

Hope you are all well. I'm wondering, does anyone know of any genuine (non-scam) work from home jobs for single parents? The good old 'net' is full of supposed work from home jobs but they end up being reviewed as scams and time-wasters.

Maybe getting a genuine work from home job is not realistic but I was hoping someone may know of an opening that is the real deal?

Thanks for your time. Best wishes and God Bless, Sally from Oz. :)
I tried the one Glenn Beck and others advertise. It ended up being Herbalife and I got out of it right away. I think I lost $10 bucks and I never looked back. They wanted me to fork over some three hundred dollar (I don;t know the exact amount as it was last year) to buy the starter kit and I said no thanks. I haven't tried any others.
Oct 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: I tried the one Glenn Beck and others advertise. It ended up being Herbalife and I got out of it right away. I think I lost $10 bucks and I never looked back. They wanted me to fork over some three hundred dollar (I don;t know the exact amount as it was last year) to buy the starter kit and I said no thanks. I haven't tried any others.
I can say Avon is a pretty solid company but their product quality has gone down hill over the years my mom sold the stuff in the 70s it was good back then but now the stuff is not great. There's Mary Kay which also has a good rep. I don't know about stay a homes jobs other than tellamarketing jobs where you call from home and they don't pay much. If you have a craft or talent like stitching or jewelry making, baking sometimes you can do stuff like that. I've often thought of getting into pet sitting but I need something more stable. I've worked extra jobs in market research while the work is somewhat spiratic it pays the bills.
Oct 2nd 2013 new
The only genuine work at home jobs that I know of are dishes, meal prep, gardening, laundry, housecleaning, mowing, etc. Seriously, I have known folks that have taken in laundry and done ironing, sewing, repairs, etc.
Oct 2nd 2013 new
My cousin started her own business making great bibs for babies and toddlers. I'm not posting this link for commercial purposes, but for an example of what she does: www.etsy.com

She bought two used Bernina embroidery machines from prolly the 80's and buys fabrics from thrift stores or wholesale places...I dunno where she gets her snaps, but she now travels around the Denver, CO area for craft fairs selling her bibs and other machine embroidered stuff.

Oct 3rd 2013 new
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your responses. I'm pretty arty. so I'll ask Jesus to guide me.

By the way, those handmade bibs on the Etsy link are really pretty - what a great home business.

Hope you are all well. :)
Oct 10th 2013 new
If you're artsy, I say that crafting might be the way to go. I know people (well, only one name comes to mind right away, but I'm sure that there are others) who sell things online that they've made themselves.

I do work from home, but there aren't any job openings where I work. Sorry. I can tell you that it can be very hard indeed to find legitimate work from home. There is fierce competition for the jobs that are legit. I've found some gigs on oDesk, but you have to be careful when looking there because a lot of job posters are looking for people from the Philippines who will work for $1/hour. Elance is another site.

One thing that has helped me in this area is, once I find a gig, I socialize with everyone associated with it that will give me the time of day LOL. I make friendships. People are more likely to share closely guarded job leads if they genuinely like you. This is how I found several of my last contracts. Since you can't do that right away (since you don't currently have a wah job), you can start by joining work at home communities and getting to know people in them.
Oct 11th 2013 new
Sally,

It really comes down to the product or service you would provide AND your ability to adapt and do it or provide it from home. The means must be competitive against likes and alternatives. No new business components are introduced, just the means are manipulated in a way that you can get it done (from home) without the customer having to pay more for what you are selling or providing. Transparency to the end user is a big requirement; and as always, so is value.

To successfully work from home, you have to be disciplined, talented, and you must have a product or service that is in demand.

There are no real shortcuts; except that SOME others have been successful in using, yes I mean using, MANY others to get bits and pieces of what they want/need done and pay them practically nothing for their service.

Often these MANY are asked to PAY the SOME, in addition to work for the benefit of the SOME. That is what we mostly see advertised on the internet. These people often have no scruples and we need to be smart enough to recognize it quickly.
Dec 18th 2013 new
There are jobs in the medical field although many are currently outsourced to India. I did medical transcription and worked from home for the last 20 years before I retired. There is also medical coding and billing. For these you need a training program that will take about 4 months or so. It doesn't matter where you live as long as you have a computer (which you obviously do) and a telephone line. You won't get rich but I raised 5 children on what I earned. Contact me directly if you would like to know more about transcription. God bless. Karen
Dec 18th 2013 new
I occasionally see work-at-home jobs with Cox, to answer tech calls at night. You don't have to be super technical, because you find out the what the problem is, then follow a list of suggestions to fix it. I've spoken to a couple of tech guys late at night and had to ask them to turn down their tvs! I also had an opportunity to work for a company that typed up doctors' notes that they'd dictated. I'd found out about it through another SAHM (stay-at-home mom), but if it's something you might be interested in doing, you can check with doctor's offices & clinics to see what companies they use.
Posts 1 - 10 of 18