Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Duck Dynasty

Dec 19th 2013 new

tv.yahoo.com.

There is such a horrible double standard in our country. The only people that have the right to push their beliefs on the public are the minority and special interests groups. Phil Robertson didn't say these things on his TV program. However, when I watch tv or movies very often there is a gay couple making out on screen and I have to turn it off.

I can't even count the celebrities I don't agree with. Bottom line is I have the choice not to watch them. These people have the same choice. So, can someone tell me whatever happened to freedom of speech or is that only for a select few?

Dec 19th 2013 new
very sad Praying
Dec 19th 2013 new
Wouldn't it be great if Duck Dynasty had a time slot on EWTN. I could see a lot of good coming from that. angel
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said:

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-dynasty--star-s-anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.htm...

There is such a horrible double standard in our country. The only people that have the right to push their beliefs on the public are the minority and special interests groups. Phil Robertson didn't say these things on his TV program. However, when I watch tv or movies very often there is a gay couple making out on screen and I have to turn it off.

I can't even count the celebrities I don't agree with. Bottom line is I have the choice not to watch them. These people have the same choice. So, can someone tell me whatever happened to freedom of speech or is that only for a select few?

The definition of free speech according to the left: You can say whatever you want as long as you agree with me. Mr. Robertson got a little graphic speaking his opinion at the end, but mostly he was only quoting from the bible. Imagine an actor using the same words only reversed to bash heterosexuality. He would be praised by the Hollywood left.
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said:

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-dynasty--star-s-anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.htm...

There is such a horrible double standard in our country. The only people that have the right to push their beliefs on the public are the minority and special interests groups. Phil Robertson didn't say these things on his TV program. However, when I watch tv or movies very often there is a gay couple making out on screen and I have to turn it off.

I can't even count the celebrities I don't agree with. Bottom line is I have the choice not to watch them. These people have the same choice. So, can someone tell me whatever happened to freedom of speech or is that only for a select few?

Miley Cyrus gets to stay on TV and Phil Robertson doesn't. What's wrong with that?? rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said:

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-dynasty--star-s-anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.htm...

There is such a horrible double standard in our country. The only people that have the right to push their beliefs on the public are the minority and special interests groups. Phil Robertson didn't say these things on his TV program. However, when I watch tv or movies very often there is a gay couple making out on screen and I have to turn it off.

I can't even count the celebrities I don't agree with. Bottom line is I have the choice not to watch them. These people have the same choice. So, can someone tell me whatever happened to freedom of speech or is that only for a select few?

I find it difficult to take A&E's (network) outrage very seriously.

At the same time that I am writing this post, I turned on the TV.... A&E channel. Sure enough, A&E is airing right now their 2013 season premier of Duck Dynasty... Phil and Kay's wedding re-commitment ceremony. Apparently A&E executives are outraged enough to say something about it and to "discipline" Phil, but not so outraged as cancel reruns that continue to make buckets of money for them.

I'm also wondering if Phil would have been disciplined if he had actually pulled out a bible and read those same passages that he was paraphrasing in his interview. scratchchin scratchchin

Ed

Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: I find it difficult to take A&E's (network) outrage very seriously.

At the same time that I am writing this post, I turned on the TV.... A&E channel. Sure enough, A&E is airing right now their 2013 season premier of Duck Dynasty... Phil and Kay's wedding re-commitment ceremony. Apparently A&E executives are outraged enough to say something about it and to "discipline" Phil, but not so outraged as cancel reruns that continue to make buckets of money for them.

I'm also wondering if Phil would have been disciplined if he had actually pulled out a bible and read those same passages that he was paraphrasing in his interview.

Ed

A&E is catching a lot of heat for suspending Phil. My brother Danny told me about it when I already knew about the suspension. Like we both agreed he got done dirty and Phil talked about alot more than homosexuality. It is like statements others have made about the gay agenda that is going on, in other threads. They were quickly gaining their acceptance and trust from society in the nineties, but they are now loosing it. And I agree if they keep playing the gay card the way they are doing the day is going to come when history looks back on it all as a big bad joke.
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Wouldn't it be great if Duck Dynasty had a time slot on EWTN. I could see a lot of good coming from that.
Great idea:)
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: The definition of free speech according to the left: You can say whatever you want as long as you agree with me. Mr. Robertson got a little graphic speaking his opinion at the end, but mostly he was only quoting from the bible. Imagine an actor using the same words only reversed to bash heterosexuality. He would be praised by the Hollywood left.
I was just thinking about the fact they name call people homophobics. I'm thinking they are christianphobics or heterophobics. Can you imagine us getting away with that?
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Miley Cyrus gets to stay on TV and Phil Robertson doesn't. What's wrong with that??
There are so many things wrong with that I could fill up the page, but you already know!
Posts 1 - 10 of 103