Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Prayers for a Depressed Friend

Dec 19th 2013 new
Please pray for my friend -- his name is Ryan, and I used to work with him about a year ago. We only know each other peripherally, and rarely worked the same shifts. I knew Ryan got down occasionally. Tonight, he FB messaged me looking for some comfort. He confessed he was contemplating suicide and was a few minutes away from pulling the trigger. He said his friend talked him out of it. He messaged me because he knows I teach CCD (I post a lot of the cute things my 4th graders say), and wants to come back to the Church but doesn't know how.

Ryan is a very lost soul and needs prayers -- and so do I. I don't even know where this guy lives, so I can't call the police to stop by and make sure he's alright. He turned off the geo-tagging feature on FB, so I can't even estimate at this point.

When he said he wanted to come back to the Church, I invited him to Mass with me on Sunday. I'm in a choir, and we could actually use another male voice. He said he wanted to come. I invited him for Christmas dinner too, and he said hed like that too.

Please pray for him tonight! Please pray that he's comforted, and doesn't do anything stupidly permanent or life altering tonight. He's a truly generous, sensitive, and good person who's lost his way, and needs help. And please pray for me, too, so that I can find the right words he needs to hear to find his way back.

Thank you!

Dec 19th 2013 new
Praying
Dec 19th 2013 new
Praying for Ryan and your self Mel,God bless you..very distressing not to be able give help in other ways.
Dec 19th 2013 new
Praying Be careful. If he's not thinking clearly and owns a firearm? He needs professional help.
Dec 19th 2013 new
Praying for him Praying theheart
Dec 19th 2013 new
Praying theheart
Dec 19th 2013 new
Prayers offered.
Dec 19th 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying
Dec 19th 2013 new
Prayers that he receive the help he needs spiritually, professionally, and through friends such as yourself. It can take its toll on all of those involved, so prayers for Ryan - and all of the others, including yourself, that are aware of and helping him during such a difficult time.
Dec 19th 2013 new
Praying theheart Prayers for your friend that he finds the professional help he needs. It's a tough time of the year for lots of people, and Mel, you might have saved a life!
Posts 1 - 10 of 25