Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael


  • IF...God DID gift you with a strong loving dating relationship for a season: joyous, enriching, but ends permanently for whatever reason
  • OR
  • IF...God DID gift you with a strong loving marriage for a season, and it ends permanently for whatever reason

Is that Love a true Gift if it is NOT forever?





Dec 19th 2013 new
CM'ers---here is what prompted this quesiton:

Backstory:
I was her 'commadre', which in her Spanish culture is a unique bond between me, mother of the child and she, his Godmother. After many hard years of singleness with children following divorce...she had met the man of her dreams...a kind gentle man who treated her like a precious gem. He had battled and conquered serious cancer, and he was in remission...healthy for now, but they knew he had a very shortened life expectancy...He wanted her to be his wife...before God. He wanted her to have his name. He respected her completely which she had never known from her first husband, and he longed to make her his....She valued him, appreciated his love, and never wanted to take advantage of him."Barbara, Please tell me dear friend over so many years, at least 20 years, no?, What do you think? I am afraid..."
End Story:They married, and were so happy! She called me when her man went home to heaven a short 9 months later.
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said:
Is that Love a true Gift if it is NOT forever?





Doesn't the Marriage Deal say "until death do us part"?

I have a good friend locally who taught HS psychology for 27 years. He says even if a great marriage lasts only ONE year "until death do us part," that's better than many other non-great marriages.
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: CM'ers---here is what prompted this quesiton:

Backstory:
I was her 'commadre', which in her Spanish culture is a unique bond between me, mother of the child and she, his Godmother. After many hard years of singleness with children following divorce...she had met the man of her dreams...a kind gentle man who treated her like a precious gem. He had battled and conquered serious cancer, and he was in remission...healthy for now, but they knew he had a very shortened life expectancy...He wanted her to be his wife...before God. He wanted her to have his name. He respected her completely which she had never known from her first husband, and he longed to make her his....She valued him, appreciated his love, and never wanted to take advantage of him."Barbara, Please tell me dear friend over so many years, at least 20 years, no?, What do you think? I am afraid..."
End Story:They married, and were so happy! She called me when her man went home to heaven a short 9 months later.
How many married people have a great 9-month marriage? They did the right thing.
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: CM'ers---here is what prompted this quesiton:

Backstory:
I was her 'commadre', which in her Spanish culture is a unique bond between me, mother of the child and she, his Godmother. After many hard years of singleness with children following divorce...she had met the man of her dreams...a kind gentle man who treated her like a precious gem. He had battled and conquered serious cancer, and he was in remission...healthy for now, but they knew he had a very shortened life expectancy...He wanted her to be his wife...before God. He wanted her to have his name. He respected her completely which she had never known from her first husband, and he longed to make her his....She valued him, appreciated his love, and never wanted to take advantage of him."Barbara, Please tell me dear friend over so many years, at least 20 years, no?, What do you think? I am afraid..."
End Story:They married, and were so happy! She called me when her man went home to heaven a short 9 months later.
That is a really beautiful story, Barbara! lovestruck!

Every woman desires to be truly cherished. I certainly think it is worth it - she will have these beautiful memories of being cherished and valued by this man and I'm sure her life has changed because of it. Yes, increasing her sorrow, but also her JOY.
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: How many married people have a great 9-month marriage? They did the right thing.
Instead of focusing on what could have been....I hear you say, Bob, what they had was precious.
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: That is a really beautiful story, Barbara!

Every woman desires to be truly cherished. I certainly think it is worth it - she will have these beautiful memories of being cherished and valued by this man and I'm sure her life has changed because of it. Yes, increasing her sorrow, but also her JOY.
You heard that, Kristen! Yes, that was exactly what was so beautiful for her---she had been in a very demeaning relationship, and for her heart this was such a beautiful man love!
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: Instead of focusing on what could have been....I hear you say, Bob, what they had was precious.
... and priceless.

I remember well a Post years ago by a CM woman saying if she had found True Love, and knew he would die after one year of marriage, that she'd marry him anyway ... wise woman.
Dec 20th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: ... and priceless.

I remember well a Post years ago by a CM woman saying if she had found True Love, and knew he would die after one year of marriage, that she'd marry him anyway ... wise woman.
I hope she DID have that one year!!!!! heartbeat
Dec 20th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: ... and priceless.

I remember well a Post years ago by a CM woman saying if she had found True Love, and knew he would die after one year of marriage, that she'd marry him anyway ... wise woman.
Yes, Go Bob, precious.
The romantic in me would add if anyone finds their soulmate or true love, 'anyway' shouldn't enter into a decision. None of us knows how long we'll have on this earth.
Posts 1 - 10 of 79