Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

leaving soon

Dec 28th 2013 new
My membership expires in less than two weeks. I am still trying to find a good reason to stay on the site longer. Unfortunately I haven't met anyone here. Anyone have any good reasons for me to renew?
Dec 28th 2013 new
of course Trisha, you can have a very good friends and may be a relationship, you have to give yourself an opportunity to meet people other cities, and countries, first God
Dec 28th 2013 new
$10/month...................seems worth it to me.............. the social life in my community is nada scratchchin
Dec 28th 2013 new
Hi Trisha! I so enjoy your posts and will miss you if you go, but I understand the desire to leave and meet others somewhere else. If you haven't already, consider taking a break for awhile. I think it's possible to put your profile on hold, although I don't remember how to do it. Either way, I wish you the very best! Chelle
Dec 28th 2013 new
(quote) Trisha-977181 said: My membership expires in less than two weeks. I am still trying to find a good reason to stay on the site longer. Unfortunately I haven't met anyone here. Anyone have any good reasons for me to renew?
Stay around Trisha, even just for the heck of it. There is always something new to learn and besides, you might just meet the one your looking for. Be positive.
Dec 28th 2013 new
We've missed you in the forums of late,I love the threads you get going and all your input!You come across as
a good and gentle soul,and I'm sure God has someone special for you Trish.You add very much to the human side of CM and have the opportunity to learn,have fun and make real friends here rose Praying
Dec 28th 2013 new
(quote) Trisha-977181 said: My membership expires in less than two weeks. I am still trying to find a good reason to stay on the site longer. Unfortunately I haven't met anyone here. Anyone have any good reasons for me to renew?
As the other women have said...keep us company! Catholic company supporting each other....which sometimes happens in the forums...ahem....beats the secular...at least I think so, but then again I am easily entertained and I don't get out much!

As Susan said...the cost...minimal...the results may be gloriously miraculous....definitely miraculous in MY case!

Don't throw in your hand Trish....let's have a chance to "shoot the moon" in Team "Hearts"...just watch out for that nasty 'Lady'...she's a 13 point lollapalooza and she stops the fun!

Just kidding..and trying to urge someone in my age bracket to keep on "Wishing, and Hoping,Thinking and Praying" as Dusty Springfield sang soooooooo long ago!

Cheers to you whatever your decision, Trisha! Happy New Year.
Barbara

Dec 28th 2013 new
Hi, Trisha. I will be doing the same thing. There are some good people that I've communicated with on here, but that was not the reason I signed up.
Dec 28th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Hi, Trisha. I will be doing the same thing. There are some good people that I've communicated with on here, but that was not the reason I signed up.
I'm sorry to see you go as well, Johnny, but I completely understand your reasoning. I've enjoyed reading your posts. All my best to you! Chelle
Dec 28th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: Just kidding..and trying to urge someone in my age bracket to keep on "Wishing, and Hoping,Thinking and Praying" as Dusty Springfield sang soooooooo long ago!

... soooooooo long ago. That song reminds me of a HS Senior from Stamford, CT I tried to date "LDR" (about 100 miles) while a 3/c (Sophomore) Cadet at the Coast Guard Academy in New London, CT. As Cadets, we couldn't have a car at the Academy until Spring our 1/c (Senior) year.

The Stamford girl and I attended an Academy Formal Dance, and her Father gave me the keys to his new 63 Oldsmobile for the Dance. I remember upperclassmen looking at me "wishing and hoping" they could drive a car like that ... back then.

Posts 1 - 10 of 39