Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Ladies - say you are dating someone or about to start doing so.

Would you want to meet the women who broke up with said guy, verbally declined to go out with him twice or just stopped answering his texts, calls, e-mails etc. in an attempt to hear the case against having a romantic relationship with him so as to inform your decision to go out with him more than once or not?

Dec 30 new
in a reverse scenario, my last BF wanted to meet my exhusband (which was out of the question), and any and all ex BF's who were still in town. He wanted to ask them if there was anything about me that he should know before he started dating me. I asked a long time BF and a very good friend that he is now if he wanted to meet this guy. He said it would be fine with him because he'd get to talk to me again in person. It was weird to say the least. David asked his question and was satisfied with the answer given. Rick told me that night to get rid of this guy, that he wasn't worth it. I didn't listen though....our time lasted 7 and a half years.
I couldn't trust him completely where his lady friends were concerned. He never would let me meet them. hmmmm. he didn't play fair.
Good Topic and should be interesting if people here tell the truth on past relationships.
Dec 30 new
No, I'd rather just have us meet each other's families and friends at some point. I would not seek out exes. I wouldn't know them well enough to know how much I should credit their opinions. But if several of his exes sought me out to warn me about him, that I would take seriously. I think it would take a lot to make more than one woman go to that kind of trouble and it would worry me at the very least.
Dec 30 new
(quote) Jean-504066 said: No, I'd rather just have us meet each other's families and friends at some point. I would not seek out exes. I wouldn't know them well enough to know how much I should credit their opinions. But if several of his exes sought me out to warn me about him, that I would take seriously. I think it would take a lot to make more than one woman go to that kind of trouble and it would worry me at the very least.
I think I would agree with this. If a person is deceitful, they are likely to have deceitful friends who may go along with pretending to be those exes.
Dec 30 new
Probably not, I think we can make up our own minds. Hopefully our radar would be in full swing. It could be different scenarios. We could've been in a different frame of mind. Or they could've been. Our lives and sometimes personalities can change over the years and hopefully for the better. Sometimes people really change and grow and sometimes people do some stupid things and regret it later. Some times families or friends may or may not be good indicators of behavior. God Bless You... theheart Praying heart
Dec 30 new
If we are only talking about deciding to go on a 2nd date, I will decide based on the overall feel of the date. Our interaction, my intuition, & my sense of him based on his words & actions will be the deciding factors. Beyond a couple or 3 times out with him, then I will begin considering others also, I.e., his last 1-2 relationships, nuclear family, friends, etc., but meeting an ex is not of interest to me.
Dec 30 new
I wouldn't.I would want to make up my own mind about the man,in my own time.
Dec 30 new
Nope, not me...I would make my own choice, decision to enjoy a second date...or third. I do not operate by "survey says".

I would never want to talk with or correspond with or survey exes-grilfriends nor *wives...
(*unless I was required to talk to ex-wives who are the biological mothers of my step-children--- in terms of visitation plans, children's care/ health issues, school calendars...That is if my spouse was joint parenting children from an annulled marriage, and was not available to make those arrangements.)

IF serious engagement plans were being made...meeting family on both sides...in respect to both families and in the interests of your future wedded relationship...that would be a great investment in the community of faith you will build together...for support and camraderie!

FWIW
Barbara
Dec 31 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: I wouldn't.I would want to make up my own mind about the man,in my own time.
I agree - no way would I trust some stranger's impression of the gent I'm deciding to go out with. Why would I allow a stranger's opinion to have any weight in MY personal relationship with someone - how do I know they aren't just jaded? Their interactions with him equates to THEIR experience - not mine. And their relationship obviously didn't work out - those reasons are none of my business either. The past is the past - I believe it's best to leave it there.

I'd make up my own mind on a day by day (or is that date by date? wink ) basis by what he's like with me.
Dec 31 new
(quote) Jason-184384 said: Ladies - say you are dating someone or about to start doing so.

Would you want to meet the women who broke up with said guy, verbally declined to go out with him twice or just stopped answering his texts, calls, e-mails etc. in an attempt to hear the case against having a romantic relationship with him so as to inform your decision to go out with him more than once or not?

Definitely not.
I think this is a strange question. Has it happened to you? If so, I hope you saw a huge red flag.
Posts 1 - 10 of 33