Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dating Resolutions for 2014

Dec 29th 2013 new

It's that time of year again for people to make New Year's Resolutions. Personally, I never understood why people made such a big deal about them because I think it's important to set goals throughout the year and not just at the end of it. Just as I believe that we should always be gracious towards our fellow man and woman besides the holiday season.

Having said that, I think it's good to start off with a clean slate every year and the world of dating is no different IMHO. What are some of your dating resolutions for 2014? Here are some of mine:

1) To be a better communicator. I have learned that sometimes my words can get misinterpreted and I need to improve on that. Otherwise, it's a bit like trying to figure out the lyrics to "Louie Louie" by The Kingsmen. LOL

2) To be a better listener and anticipate where someone might be frustrated or upset so I can ask questions to resolve issues much sooner.

3) To put more recent pics of myself on CM and not just because I've lost weight.

4) To speak up when I feel like I'm not happy or something seems to be confusing me.

5) Be more chivalrous because "knighttime is the right time". ;-)

Dec 29th 2013 new
lovestruck! 'amen' to knight time lovestruck!
Dec 29th 2013 new
off to Mass to keep out of trouble wink
Dec 29th 2013 new
(quote) Jeff-406043 said:

It's that time of year again for people to make New Year's Resolutions. Personally, I never understood why people made such a big deal about them because I think it's important to set goals throughout the year and not just at the end of it. Just as I believe that we should always be gracious towards our fellow man and woman besides the holiday season.

Having said that, I think it's good to start off with a clean slate every year and the world of dating is no different IMHO. What are some of your dating resolutions for 2014? Here are some of mine:

1) To be a better communicator. I have learned that sometimes my words can get misinterpreted and I need to improve on that. Otherwise, it's a bit like trying to figure out the lyrics to "Louie Louie" by The Kingsmen. LOL

2) To be a better listener and anticipate where someone might be frustrated or upset so I can ask questions to resolve issues much sooner.

3) To put more recent pics of myself on CM and not just because I've lost weight.

4) To speak up when I feel like I'm not happy or something seems to be confusing me.

5) Be more chivalrous because "knighttime is the right time". ;-)

Good list, Jeff ... thank you!

"knight time" ... that's great! heart heartbeat cupid

wreath snowman fluffy wreath fluffy snowman wreath

Dec 29th 2013 new
My dating resolution for 2014 would be to, um, actually go on a date.

The first date could be on New Year's Day. I am looking for a man not afraid to use a chainsaw while I continue to clean up my yard from last week's ice storm. Any takers? biggrin
Dec 31st 2013 new
Great Resolutions Jeff...

mine will simply be to try and date more...without any expectations. scratchchin wink
Dec 31st 2013 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: My dating resolution for 2014 would be to, um, actually go on a date. 
mine too!!!! lol

Louie Louie, oh no / me gotta go / yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Dec 31st 2013 new
Being preoccupied with house repairs and other such issues dating falls into the very low priority field. If I had to make a resolution about it I might say that I have hopes of one day moving it to the mid priority level. Right now that doesn't look likely though.
Dec 31st 2013 new
A date would be nice!

Knight is also in the script! Dented armor is acceptable! 😉
Dec 31st 2013 new
What a great topic. I will be more mindful of Gods will for me and ask for Him to expose those areas of my like that need healing.
Another positive thing will be to join these forums. I see many quality men and women on this site and wonder why we are not dating more. I wonder if the site administration can chime in. I would love some critique on my profile as I realize my insight into myself is poor. It is frustrating to send a message to a man only to get the "kind" rejection. Perhaps we all need to be more honest.

I will take better care of myself and those I love and be more grateful
Posts 1 - 10 of 16