Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Custody Battle

Jan 1st 2014 new
Hello,

I'm looking for advice and prayers. Back in May of 2012, my daughter's father served me with papers to try to get primary residency away from me and give it to him. Since then we have had to go through a court appointed social study, which ended with the social study person saying my daughter should stay with me. That should have been the end of it. But her father is now taking it to court.

My daughter just turned 11, yesterday, and is spending the rest of the Christmas break with her father. On her birthday, my daughter called me on speaker phone with her father in the room and with no prompting and completely suddenly my daughter said she knew who she wanted to live with and it was her father. Now since my daughter has never told me this in person and it was literally out of the blue.

I think her father is starting to worry and is hoping if my daughter says it enough the courts will listen.

I know it is in my daughter's best interest to stay living with me, but how do I combat what her father is saying to her while still practicing my Catholic faith?

I don't know how to convince her she wants to be with me, while not bad mouthing her father or his family. With me she is an only child, when she is at their house there is her father his wife and her two younger siblings, it is really hard to combat having siblings since I know I loved having a sister more than not having her around. It is also hard to combat the fact that his family has a lot more disposable income than I myself.

I know the courts will say my daughter should stay with me, but how am I going to combat the fact that her father is trying to poison her mind against me?

Thank you for any and all advice, but most importantly thank you for any and all prayers you pray on my behalf.

Amanda
Jan 1st 2014 new
Praying for your intentions Amanda.
Jan 1st 2014 new
Praying theheart rose
Jan 1st 2014 new
Praying Praying
Jan 1st 2014 new
Dear Amanda, praying for you as you face this situation. God bless, Helen
Jan 1st 2014 new
Praying rose hug
Jan 1st 2014 new
Praying theheart
Jan 1st 2014 new
Praying Praying Praying rosary
Jan 2nd 2014 new
no advice...just prayers & a hug Praying hug
Jan 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Amanda-181200 said: Hello,

I'm looking for advice and prayers. Back in May of 2012, my daughter's father served me with papers to try to get primary residency away from me and give it to him. Since then we have had to go through a court appointed social study, which ended with the social study person saying my daughter should stay with me. That should have been the end of it. But her father is now taking it to court.

My daughter just turned 11, yesterday, and is spending the rest of the Christmas break with her father. On her birthday, my daughter called me on speaker phone with her father in the room and with no prompting and completely suddenly my daughter said she knew who she wanted to live with and it was her father. Now since my daughter has never told me this in person and it was literally out of the blue.

I think her father is starting to worry and is hoping if my daughter says it enough the courts will listen.

I know it is in my daughter's best interest to stay living with me, but how do I combat what her father is saying to her while still practicing my Catholic faith?

I don't know how to convince her she wants to be with me, while not bad mouthing her father or his family. With me she is an only child, when she is at their house there is her father his wife and her two younger siblings, it is really hard to combat having siblings since I know I loved having a sister more than not having her around. It is also hard to combat the fact that his family has a lot more disposable income than I myself.

I know the courts will say my daughter should stay with me, but how am I going to combat the fact that her father is trying to poison her mind against me?

Thank you for any and all advice, but most importantly thank you for any and all prayers you pray on my behalf.

Amanda
hug
Pray
Love her in each present moment...
pray
Get the best attorney you an find
pray
stick to your decision not to bad mouth
I'll be praying with you
Posts 1 - 10 of 22