Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I must have grown up on a different planet wide eyed ....I have always treated people the way I'd wanted to be treated. Ladies and/or gentlemen, tell me something? If a man or a woman sends you an email or a emotigram, do you generally just ignore it because you may not have a physical attraction? Or maybe he or she didn't answer the personality test quite the way you wanted? May he or she didn't answer YES to all 7 questions, time? etc?

I don't know about you, but no matter what email, wink or hello comes my way, I always reciprocate with a response, even though it may not be a response the other party may be hoping for rolling eyes . However, I feel it's always a respectful thing to do when a person is making an attempt in his or her own way that they are interested. wave

I just think it's a kind and respectful gesture that one owes another because the person decided to be on an on line website. It just makes clear blue sense to be respectful to the other party no matter wether you are interested in him or her or not? wink Just asking if others out their feel the same way? scratchchin

Happy New Year,
Sharon
Dec 30th 2013 new
Yes-- guaranteed in my profile. The only time I haven't answered is when the inquiry was obviously from a scammer.
Dec 30th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: Yes-- guaranteed in my profile. The only time I haven't answered is when the inquiry was obviously from a scammer.
Hello Andrew,

Well that is really great to hear, it's nice to know that their is still chivalry alive and well out there. I too like yourself, will always respond to a person taking a few minutes out of their day to send a message my way, afterall, it should be flattering to any human person out there, therefore, it deserves a prompt respectful answer, even though as mentioned in the email above, may not be the answer the recipient was hoping for. It just makes GOOD sense.

blessings Andrew and Happy New Year,
Sharon
Dec 31st 2013 new
not to the catalogue shoppers tho'.......it's not the same thing if they just view and say 'next'
Dec 31st 2013 new
<start rant> I have to agree Sharon, I do my best to reply to everyone, even if it takes time. I do believe however, that many don't check there account, aren't paying members, don't know how to use the website, or just frustrated on how "this works". If CM would also get their head outa there *SS and show who is a paying member it would do much to alleviate frustrations on here. As if the excuse that leaving it empty generates more interest for non-paying members to start a subscription is nonsense. If someone is serious about dating they will pay, they don't have to wait for that hot or cute person to message them first. The end result would be less babysitting from the moderators. I would also agree there are at least some who feel they are above others and don't bother replying. *My five cents worth* since Canada no longer has cent as a currency. </end rant> and Happy & Holy New Year!
Dec 31st 2013 new
(quote) Stewart-821725 said: <start rant> I have to agree Sharon, I do my best to reply to everyone, even if it takes time. I do believe however, that many don't check there account, aren't paying members, don't know how to use the website, or just frustrated on how "this works". If CM would also get their head outa there *SS and show who is a paying member it would do much to alleviate frustrations on here. As if the excuse that leaving it empty generates more interest for non-paying members to start a subscription is nonsense. If someone is serious about dating they will pay, they don't have to wait for that hot or cute person to message them first. The end result would be less babysitting from the moderators. I would also agree there are at least some who feel they are above others and don't bother replying. *My five cents worth* since Canada no longer has cent as a currency. </end rant> and Happy & Holy New Year!
Hello Stewart,

That makes sense, to show who is a paying customer and who isn't. For what it's worth, I don't believe your html coding was allowed in your forum, just not sure if you see it on your end. Well it's nice to know that you at least try to reciprocate the respect to do any person that attempts to email you, shows your a man/person of character.

Blessings for a new year,
Sharon
Jan 1st 2014 new
LOL it was joke html it wasn't meant to be actual HTML. Many don't get my sense of humor.
Jan 1st 2014 new
I try to respond to every message. But, I don't feel responsible to respond to an empty emotigram.
Jan 1st 2014 new
I will send at least an empty emotigram back. Certainly, though, returning a one-liner saying "I'll pray for you," takes little effort.
Jan 1st 2014 new

I'm w/you Sharon! I know the disappointment of getting nothing more than a "profile view" after having had put myself out there w/an emote or a message. Although, that w/in itself speaks volumes!

"I looked your profile over and found you not to my liking. No response for you!"

Still, I'm sure we're better off. ;)

Posts 1 - 10 of 80