Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Shoveling snow

Jan 03 new
It's days such as this when an aging single Catholic wishes he had half a dozen children and a dozen grandchildren to help shovel snow and share some hot chocolate or tea afterward with his wife and the extended family.
Jan 03 new
Amen
Jan 03 new
I am totally with you, Andrew and John!
Jan 03 new
how deep is it?............watched on the news
Jan 03 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: It's days such as this when an aging single Catholic wishes he had half a dozen children and a dozen grandchildren to help shovel snow and share some hot chocolate or tea afterward with his wife and the extended family.
oh my gosh .... where were they when i was snowblowing the neighborhood smile who ever invented the snowblower and for those who give a helping hand hug biggrin Praying the best thing that came along ...

oh gee what ever happened to the neighborhood kids who did it for a few bucks like mowing the lawn .... guess they don't come cheap anymore like the laptops/ipad/cell phones weeping

sending your way hug Coffee
Jan 03 new
It's been a long time since I've seen a neighborhood kid come by with a shovel for a few bucks. I live in the city now and they are all home on their computers. They don't need to go out and make a few bucks anymore.

We lucked out and got only 7-9 inches depending on the drifts but it is bitter cold. I just paid the plow guy, not worth killing myself to shovel out.

Enjoy the day off if you have it off and keep warm. rosary biggrin Coffee
Jan 03 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: oh my gosh .... where were they when i was snowblowing the neighborhood who ever invented the snowblower and for those who give a helping hand the best thing that came along ...

oh gee what ever happened to the neighborhood kids who did it for a few bucks like mowing the lawn .... guess they don't come cheap anymore like the laptops/ipad/cell phones

sending your way
yeah i (seriously) feel (bad) for you people in the northeast; Watch your backs when if ya shovel snow; etc. but out here in So. Cal its a Balmy 70 desgrees; Sorry i had to say it; Take care everybody!!
Jan 03 new

Andrew

Very thankful three young teenage boys live next door and said they would shovel if it became to much-as of Sunday in Michigan they will be right on.

Jan 04 new
Dream on, bro. biggrin
Anyone with kids knows that kids don't shovel unless you make it worth their while.
Jan 04 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Dream on, bro.
Anyone with kids knows that kids don't shovel unless you make it worth their while.
I would find a Norman Rockwell painting of a bunch of children shovelling snow and they would all be so enchanted by it that they would want to imitate it. I would make them pancakes and sausage with real maple syrup to serve afterward to make it worth their while.
Posts 1 - 10 of 84