Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Looking to buy a 2010 Jeep Liberty. Anyone else into 4 x 4's? Any suggestions? Been wanting for a while...may pull the trigger b4 our big storm Sunday...
Jan 03 new
How about a Subaru? They can take the big snow. All wheel drive. Known to be the most reliable car. I have a Small SUV, Forester, love it.
Jan 03 new
I'll bet it's a blast. But working for the Big 3 I'd like an American vehicle...Thanks for the input. How is it on gas and can you go mudding in it? eyebrow
Jan 03 new
(quote) Al-1036257 said: Looking to buy a 2010 Jeep Liberty. Anyone else into 4 x 4's? Any suggestions? Been wanting for a while...may pull the trigger b4 our big storm Sunday...
Al, I drive a 2008 Jeep Patriot and it is absolutely fantastic in the snow and ice. . . with or without the 4 x 4 engaged. You don't even feel like your driving on bad stuff. The patriot also has a better gas mileage and is the ecologically friendly version, not quite as cute as the Liberty but totally awesome. I have heard they are discontinuing the Liberty. They were going to dc the Patriot but it was too popular. An added plus, the back seats lay flat with the back, so there is no hump, makes toting things or sleeping in the back (when out in the field) much easier. We have several hills here in Purcell, one called Red Hill is very very steep but my Jeep went up it and came down it like a champ. In fact, I guess the first winter we had it, a horrible ice storm pretty much shut everything down for days but Pete would go and pick people up to take to work, the grocery store etc. I don't think you could go wrong with a Jeep Patriot.
Jan 03 new
Next best option would be a Subaru Forester. . . they are just smaller but handle very well and are of course economical.
Jan 03 new
I don't know what 4 x 4 means! laughing I drive an Escape and love it!
Jan 03 new
(quote) Debbie-168656 said: I don't know what 4 x 4 means! I drive an Escape and love it!
Four wheel drive :-)). I have wondered about the Escape :-)
Jan 03 new
just to clarify...

www.youtube.com
Jan 03 new
(quote) Debbie-168656 said: I don't know what 4 x 4 means! I drive an Escape and love it!

4 X 4 means that (when engaged) all four wheels are "driven", thus the term "4-wheel drive". The purpose of four wheel drive is to give the driver better traction control. With such it is much more difficult to get oneself stuck, or go into a spin, etc...

In almost every situation the four wheel drive can be disengaged and two wheel drive engaged - either the two front wheels "front wheel drive", or "rear wheel drive". Can you guess which ones those are?

If one does not have a four wheel drive, for adverse weather conditions a front two wheel drive is better than the rear wheel drive... especially in snow.

There is also what is referred to as "all" wheel drive, but this is different than four wheel drive.

Hope all that is not too confusing...

Jan 03 new
(quote) John-971967 said:

4 X 4 means that (when engaged) all four wheels are "driven", thus the term "4-wheel drive". The purpose of four wheel drive is to give the driver better traction control. With such it is much more difficult to get oneself stuck, or go into a spin, etc...

In almost every situation the four wheel drive can be disengaged and two wheel drive engaged - either the two front wheels "front wheel drive", or "rear wheel drive". Can you guess which ones those are?

If one does not have a four wheel drive, for adverse weather conditions a front two wheel drive is better than the rear wheel drive... especially in snow.

There is also what is referred to as "all" wheel drive, but this is different than four wheel drive.

Hope all that is not too confusing...

not too confusing. thanks for the explanation. I was told when I bought my Escape that it was an ALL wheel drive. So that is differnet than a 4 x 4? Oh, well. I still love my Escape!! It's a great little car! biggrin
Posts 1 - 10 of 33