Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Jan 4th 2014 new
OK, I take it this is your next debate. Waiting on debating.
It's an insult to call us Neo Catholics. We are all one and to be the same, One, Holy, Catholic,and Apostolic, Church. I ask do you say the same Nicene Creed?

One - "As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ." 1 Corinthians 12:12

Holy - "Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" 1 Corinthians 3:16

Catholic - "And God put all things beneath Christ's feet and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of the one who fills all things in every way."
Ephesians 1: 22-23

Apostolic - "So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with holy ones and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the capstone."
Ephesians 2:19-20

Lately all these different titles are being used to separate the Catholics, a progressive, a liberal, a neo - conservative, a trad, a traditional, a.....? Neo Catholic........
It causes me to think when I was growing up, all I ever heard was, he's a Ukrainian Catholic, they are Italian Catholics, then there were the Irish, the Russian, let me not forget the German Catholics, and on and on with each ethnic groups. What in the world is going on? You want Latin, they want Russian and German, and French, Irish and Slovakian. So, now it's pretty much english.
The only language I speak is English. Americans speak english, right?
Jan 4th 2014 new
Steven, what is your point in posting this? I see in your profile you prefer the TLM.
One can scream and cry about this article, but it just goes to show how ignorant people can be. People are so insecure, sadly, Can't they just pray and get help, instead of lashing out in so many ways?! Cat scratch fever. Just consider the source. God is truth and God never changes, God always stays the same. Catholic means universal. Praying

Jan 7th 2014 new
I do want to point something out: I have noticed an attitude of disrespect towards Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. I have noticed this in conversations with Gen-Xers who soley focus on TOB as being all there is to theology. Its not uncommon to hear things such as "oh yeah Ratzinger" when referring to him. Its also not uncommon to hear them start bashing SSPX and saying "that crazy Mel Gibson group". While I certainly do not abide sedevacantism, I have heard those lines so many times, that it seems to be part of a script. What the disrespect for Benedict XVI? and why keep harping on SSPX and "that crazy Mel Gibson group"?
Jan 7th 2014 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Steven, what is your point in posting this? I see in your profile you prefer the TLM.
One can scream and cry about this article, but it just goes to show how ignorant people can be. People are so insecure, sadly, Can't they just pray and get help, instead of lashing out in so many ways?! Cat scratch fever. Just consider the source. God is truth and God never changes, God always stays the same. Catholic means universal.

ditto for 'moi'
Jan 7th 2014 new
Perhaps its that Benedict XVI actually called upon the muslims to convert, since they deny Christ? I dunno :/
Jan 7th 2014 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Steven, what is your point in posting this? I see in your profile you prefer the TLM.
One can scream and cry about this article, but it just goes to show how ignorant people can be. People are so insecure, sadly, Can't they just pray and get help, instead of lashing out in so many ways?! Cat scratch fever. Just consider the source. God is truth and God never changes, God always stays the same. Catholic means universal.

I believe his point is that all types of heresy and nonsense is tolerated in the Church ,but being truly Catholic...like our Fathers before us.
Jan 7th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: I believe his point is that all types of heresy and nonsense is tolerated in the Church ,but being truly Catholic...like our Fathers before us.
Okay thanks Bernard pardon me. I was kinda wondering. scratchchin
Jan 7th 2014 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Okay thanks Bernard pardon me. I was kinda wondering.
i meant it in the most sincerest kindest sense don't mean to come across in any other way if i have.
Jan 7th 2014 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: i meant it in the most sincerest kindest sense don't mean to come across in any other way if i have.
Jane,you are of the purest of sweetness. wink
Posts 1 - 10 of 21