Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Epiphany

Jan 4th 2014 new
Do you celebrate Christmas until the Epiphany?
Jan 4th 2014 new
I do. I still have all the Christmas decorations up and I am still enjoying listening to Christmas music. Cardinal Timothy Dolan (N.Y.) jokingly warned" If I see one Catholic home, with the Christmas tree taken down already, outside near the trash can, I'm coming in and cursing your New Year!"
Jan 4th 2014 new
yup.....just laundered and folded all table things ..........but nativities and tree are still gleaming
Jan 4th 2014 new
Auh, yes, my tree is still standing, just debating on keeping it up until Dec wink laughing
Jan 4th 2014 new
Of course! :) That is when the three kings get put in the manger. Before that they are walking towards baby Jesus.
Jan 4th 2014 new
Yes ...as a matter of fact The Three Wise Men texted me earlier and said they should arrive here on the 6th. crossfingers knight-errant Go USA cowboy
Jan 5th 2014 new
(quote) Michele-989480 said: Do you celebrate Christmas until the Epiphany?
With Blessed Chalk.

Blessing of the Home on Epiphany

www.catholicculture.org
Jan 5th 2014 new
(quote) Michele-989480 said: I do. I still have all the Christmas decorations up and I am still enjoying listening to Christmas music. Cardinal Timothy Dolan (N.Y.) jokingly warned" If I see one Catholic home, with the Christmas tree taken down already, outside near the trash can, I'm coming in and cursing your New Year!"
clap
Jan 5th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: With Blessed Chalk.Blessing of the Home on Epiphanyhttp://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/prayers/view.cfm?id=49
We got out chalk at mass today. cool Dove thumbsup
Jan 5th 2014 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: We got out chalk at mass today.
Me too.It's a LAtin Mass tradition.People at the Novus Ordo aren't aware of it I think.I may be wrong.
Posts 1 - 10 of 17