Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Do you know

Jan 4th 2014 new
how many profiles I looked at, and everybody likes and eats Italian food! So, does that mean that every Catholic eats Italian food?
Say yes to Italian food!
Jan 5th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: ... So, does that mean that every Catholic eats Italian food?
Every Catholic should like Italian food. Why? Because all popes are the earthly representatives of Jesus (which is kind of a big deal as far as job descriptions go) and practically all of them were brought up on Italian cooking. Of the two recent ones who were not Italian, one of them is on record (of sorts) as liking some Italian food. tinyurl.com His predecessor doesn't seem to be on any Internet record of sorts as liking Italian food but who cares? Let's just say he did.

And that is why every Catholic should like Italian food.

Or something like that.
Jan 5th 2014 new

What's not to like? Eggplant Parmesan is my personal favorite.

We were at Wisconsin Dells last spring and went to an upper end Italian restaurant. I was intrigued that all the waitstaff spoke with an Italian accent. As I listened to their specialties, my mind wandered to wondering how all these Italians found their way to Wisconsin. So, when asked if I wanted a side of garlic bread or enough for the whole family, I responded in a duplicate thick accent with sweeping hand gestures, "I'll have thee garlic bread for the whole fam-i-lee." My kids lost it! I nearly had to scoop them off the floor. "Why," they wanted to know, "Did I use an accent?" I was just really caught up in the moment. It was hysterical and we still laugh about it!

Jan 5th 2014 new
Always enjoy Italian food for sure! Olive Garden is great and always has great food!
Jan 5th 2014 new
My best date ever included a wonderful Italian meal at Olive Garden! Yum!
Jan 5th 2014 new
Always like the parish Italian dinners around town, and some great family restaurants !
Jan 5th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Every Catholic should like Italian food. Why? Because all popes are the earthly representatives of Jesus (which is kind of a big deal as far as job descriptions go) and practically all of them were brought up on Italian cooking. Of the two recent ones who were not Italian, one of them is on record (of sorts) as liking some Italian food. http://tinyurl.com/k2g653w His predecessor doesn't seem to be on any Internet record of sorts as liking Italian food but who cares? Let's just say he did.

And that is why every Catholic should like Italian food.

Or something like that.
🎶Razzle Dazzle 'em🎶, Roystan.
Jan 5th 2014 new
I think I watch more Italian tv shows with people eating rather than eating Italian food myself! The title character of "Detective Montalbano" loves his croquettes and fish, and it seems that every episode of "Don Matteo" has at least one gathering around the dinner table.
Jan 5th 2014 new
Hey Rachel, let me know next time your going to the Olive Garden! Lol ! Yummy!
Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) George-80266 said: Hey Rachel, let me know next time your going to the Olive Garden! Lol ! Yummy!
Hi, George! I have a better idea! Next time you feel like some Olive Garden, you can call me and take me out for a delicious and enjoyable meal and maybe a movie, dancing or a moonlit walk, hmm? wink lovestruck!
Posts 1 - 10 of 97