Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Brutal cold temps!

Jan 5th 2014 new
What is the weather like where you live? I am on vacation now in Tampa Bay, where it's nice today but Monday starts a big cool down here! I go back home to Iowa on Monday which is in the deep freeze?? Heard the high is around 10 below on Monday in Davenport, Iowa! Everyone take care and be safe!
Jan 5th 2014 new
Hi George! Enjoy those wonderful sunny days down there! Today we are thawing out and temps might get to 38F! But Monday it is to get down to -11F and on Tuesday our high might be only 2F! And then back up to mid and upper thirties later in the week. It's rollercoaster weather!
Jan 5th 2014 new
(quote) George-80266 said: What is the weather like where you live? I am on vacation now in Tampa Bay, where it's nice today but Monday starts a big cool down here! I go back home to Iowa on Monday which is in the deep freeze?? Heard the high is around 10 below on Monday in Davenport, Iowa! Everyone take care and be safe!
George! You old Iowa sports fan, you. Do NOT come back on Monday! It is supposed to be brutal.....minus 35 degrees where I live, north of Brainerd. How is John Deere doing? I am going to watch the Packers, Niners game in a couple hours, in my nice warm house!!
Jan 5th 2014 new

Last five days were lows of minus 5 and highs in the single digits. Today was about 25 degrees.

Must be global warming, eh?

Jan 5th 2014 new
Actually, Marge...it would be global warming at the EXTREME FINAL STAGE....which is NOT NOW, of course! ... but if you all will pardon my elementary explanation....my little brain wraps itself around these small basics...

Theory: waters (most importantly) heat up...water cycle goes into warp speed...creating higher ocean water temps (75% of the earth's surface) then with pollution,smog, fog, increased sun exposure due to ozone holes,= hotter and hotter water temps....hotter air temps...steamier ocean waters rising with all the dirt....pollution...continuously rising...dirty air...atmosphere upset...sun's rays slowly incapable of penetrating upper atmosphere ...eventually blocking OUT sun's rays totally=no warmth penetrating through=no light for photosynthesis in plants=decreased food supply=dirty contaminated air without purification in the nitrogen cycle=trees unable to clean the aCO2....very end would be FREEZING/STARVING EARTH!

just the way I help my offspring understand the THEORY to pass their tests: Trick Question from teachers-

Ex:According to the Global Warming Theory life on planet earth as we know it will end due to intolerably increased/decreased temperatures.

DISCLAIMER:I am not purporting to understand all the chemistry...I am not necessarily a believer! It is a scientific THEORY.....I just try to help my kids..get understanding enough to maybe get one more point on their tests!!!!

...But if you want a place to stay...where the temp will be in the low 20's and teens by Tuesday (but above zero!)
Come on down to FLA! Of course, if we want real thawing out HEAT...AUSTRALIA is the happening place with the 80'sF!!!!

Where is Roystan and Anne...are they at the beach "down under"?????

Jan 5th 2014 new
50 here today.WOW.What a heat wave.(Like the song goes,The tempertures rising,it isn't surprising.)Nuff Said.
Jan 5th 2014 new
The wind chills are supposed to be from -15 to -30 tomorrow; I think Lake Michigan is insulating us a bit. Many, many schools in the area have already announced closures tomorrow due to the temps and recent snow. According to the news residential areas won't be plowed until tomorrow. How I love living in the country; my road has been plowed at least once and the 2 1/2 (yes) track in the center looks passable.
Jan 5th 2014 new
It's -16 here now not including the wind chill, tomorrow the wind chills are to reach 35-50 below! Can't wait. Praying Ice Skating snowman xmastree
Jan 5th 2014 new
Hello Rachel, today was actually a nice day here in Tampa Bay! Got to 78 but Monday the temps are going down for a few days so good to head back home again! I spent the last 2 days on the beach and it was only 52 and 64 but still much warmer than up north! I am just unlucky with weather when I stay on the beach! Monday at home it will be 20 below zero so that is a 95 degree change in temps from Sunday to Monday! Boo!!!! Have a good evening!
Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) George-80266 said: What is the weather like where you live? I am on vacation now in Tampa Bay, where it's nice today but Monday starts a big cool down here! I go back home to Iowa on Monday which is in the deep freeze?? Heard the high is around 10 below on Monday in Davenport, Iowa! Everyone take care and be safe!
Basking in the somewhat unseasonable sunny 60s near Sacramento. We are very far below average for rain-fall.... But since I can't do anything about getting more rain, I am enjoying the extra weeks of warm and sunny weather.... Shorts and T-shirt weather today.

There was a big weather pattern shift this year. Normally should have had about 15-20 inches of rain since mid-October... but this year only about 2-3 inches so far.

I am growing broccoli, cabbage, onions and beets on my deck and they are loving the weather. Just had some fresh broccoli this evening.

I'm sure the east-coasters are wishing for some quick global warming. Maybe Al Gore can do something about that.

Things not to do in extremely cold weather:
> Do not overexert yourself shoveling snow.
> I you must travel, pack food, water, sleeping bag and a heat source in the vehicle (small camp stove w/ fuel would be good).
> DO NOT LICK ANY FLAG POLES !! laughing If you do, warm water will extricate your tongue from the pole.

Ed
Posts 1 - 10 of 36