Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Jan 5th 2014 new
Richard,

When a member does not post a picture he is telling the other person to go on a blind date.

That is why we are talking about pictures.

i think we should incorporate Skype or Facetime, so we could talk face to face online.

Don't be bashful. Be open.

Thomad

Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) Thomas-1029831 said: When a member does not post a picture he is telling the other person to go on a blind date.

Not necessarily. Many users who don't post profile or album photos are willing to provide them to individuals after the initial contact is made or, in some cases, after determining there is a level of mutual interest but before planning a date.

Jan 6th 2014 new
Jerry,

Not one of the nine replied.

I've changed my search to " provide profile photo".

Thomas
Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) Thomas-1029831 said: When a member does not post a picture he is telling the other person to go on a blind date.

This is a problem? I'd go on a blind date, willingly.

Jan 6th 2014 new
Jerry,

I tried your tact. I written nicely to five of the blind dates. I'll be sure and let you know if they reply.

I feel that they are not serious about Catholic Match. It takes effort to fill out all the blocks plus upload photos. And I'll bet they never even check their mail.

Did they get a free trial?

Thomas
Jan 6th 2014 new
sorry Nine? Is that all?
In all seriousness, I would guess my response rate when I've sent out emotigrams ("Happy Halloween", even) has been less than 5%. While this is good in market research, it is hardly satisfactory in a "dating" situation.
Hang in there. crossfingers
Jan 6th 2014 new
Marge,

Before you leave, could you write a training manual for us poor widowers. It would be called, "How to score 5% on CM". A score would just be receiving an answer.

Guess I'll have to send out more junk mail. :-)

Tom
Jan 26th 2014 new
theheart Tom, the problem with a lot of men is that you connect with a woman who happens to answer you, and you immediately assumed this is your match for life, or as one called me with the first email, "the love of my life." You hold on to this person like glue, because you are afraid if you let go, there will not be another, because most people don't answer, or as you suggested, do not read their mail. The man precipitates the "relationship" full speed ahead, and that kind of relationship is doomed, and will soon crumbled. It takes a long, long time, and I mean time, not many number of emails, and telephone marathons to establish a relationship. You are total strangers to each other, with different baggage, ways of thinking, viewpoints, perspectives, personalities, and the many experiences that have established your identity throughout the years. There is also the pain remaining of your lost spouse who was the love of your life, and you can't imagine you will ever match with anyone else, or have a total stranger come into your life, without knowing you, who will care about you. I, personally do not want to marry again. My life is wonderful as is, but it would be nice to find a wonderful, decent partner with whom to share lovely things together. Amen!

rose Victoria, West Los Angeles rose
Feb 2nd 2014 new
Words of wisdom, indeed. thumbsup
But women make the same mistake.
Feb 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Thomas-1029831 said: My latest complaint is new members that don't provide photos. They also leave most other stuff blank too. They do tell you that they have a graduate degree. Well I give them an "incomplete".

Tom
If there is no photo, I just keep going. Don't even take a look see.
Posts 11 - 20 of 25