Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Airline travel!

Jan 06 new
Does anyone have good luck when they are traveling and do you have a favorite airline? Traveling in the winter is different due to the weather and flight delays? It seems they have fewer flights now and fewer workers to help out the passengers! My flight home has been delayed 3 times but hope to get home today! Share your experience or comments!
Jan 06 new
Well today after 4 delays I did Make it home around 8.45 on my flight but it was a Long day!
Jan 07 new
I love flying jetblue heart heart biggrin .... their more cordial, plus the aminities is worth every penny ... now w/merger i don't know about Delta/American ... i've been once delayed at the airport that was a nightmare, but thank God, i was still comfortable during the overnight stay and was able to take the first flight out and it was not by jetblue crossfingers hug Praying
Jan 07 new
my last flight was to philly in 1994.......so no comment...........it was very different then
Jan 07 new
laughing laughing This topic made me laugh, as just this morning I had a flight cancelled. Indy is one big sheet of ice. I really feel for all those stranded because of the weather - it's NOT fun.

I traveled for work for many years - and have dealt with delays, cancellations, re-routes in mid air, gate changes, plane changes, being stranded overnight at airports, being stuck in the plane on the tarmac for hours, being grounded for storms, etc.

Some of the more interesting trips included:
- missing luggage (once including a matron-of-honor dress hand sewn by the bride when I was 5 1/2 months pregnant - lost for 2 days - they delivered my suitcase ONE HOUR before the ceremony),

- US Air finally putting me in a TAXI from Columbus, OH to get me home to Indy after MANY problems. I gave the driver his multi-hundred dollar voucher and he told me "Lady, for THIS much, I'll even give you a potty stop or two on the way!" wink

- luggage that took a more interesting trip than I did - I went from Indy to Philly - it went to Seoul, South Korea before it came back to me 4 days later. (I never did figure that one out.)

My family tries to take different flights than I take - they want to avoid what they call "Mary's Travel Adventures."

Now - all that said - I've learned you just have to keep calm and have a sense of humor about it all. No need to chew out the gate agents or airline personnel - they didn't do it. Being nice has gotten me upgrades to first class, free drinks, free vouchers for future travel, free upscale drinks, etc. Of course, I've also learned to have some overnight essentials in my carry on bag at all times.
Jan 08 new
I'll tell you who i won't fly again.. American Airlines..

My flight out of Orlando was delayed and arrived in DFW 15minutes late.. they refused to hold my Connecting Flight!
Because of that i had to wait 3 hours in DFW before the next flight out...ugghhh! irked
Jan 08 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: I'll tell you who i won't fly again.. American Airlines..

My flight out of Orlando was delayed and arrived in DFW 15minutes late.. they refused to hold my Connecting Flight!
Because of that i had to wait 3 hours in DFW before the next flight out...ugghhh!
i totally agree...but what happens if you don't have a choice then what .... since airlines are like big banks, etc... service is not ever for the little guys/girls.... then what do you do faint .... times i wish i didn't have to take that airline but for me to go to that desitination if i wanted to get here have no choice.... who ever said choice is easy !!!

thank you Dave, it makes me grinch when i read your post, and then have to think when i need to make those future reservations .... what must a boy/girl do under those circumstances ....
Jan 08 new
I've been fortunate in that, for all the years I have been flying, the airlines have never once lost my luggage. Though I'm not a super-frequent flier -- averaging once a year, but sometimes two or three times.

Although one time when I flew to Denver they put my suitcase on the oversized luggage carousel. That threw me off.

Not sure that I have a favorite airline though I seem to wind up on Delta a lot. Flew them last year to New Orleans/Memphis and the year before to Springfield, Mo. (for a visit to Branson)

Actually the Springfield trip was a bit of a headache. Leaving from Pittsburgh, I was originally booked to connect through Memphis. But the plane to Memphis was delayed and they re-booked me on American connecting through DFW with a short layover. I barely made my connecting flight. Then coming back, my flight out of Springfield, connecting through Atlanta, was delayed, and they had to rebook both segments since I would have missed my original connecting flight. Result was I got back to Pittsburgh later than scheduled and missed a square dance that I had been planning to attend that night.
Jan 08 new
Should add that I have a frequent flier account with Delta so that was a factor in flying with them the last two years. But also, for the New Orleans/Memphis trip, there were non-stop flights available from New Orleans from Memphis, and from Memphis back to my "home" airport in Pittsburgh. Other airlines did not have any non-stops for the entire itinerary.

I prefer to fly non-stops whenever possible, even if it's a little more expensive.
Jan 08 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: my last flight was to philly in 1994.......so no comment...........it was very different then
my daughter and s-i-l fly out of seattle to the twin cities every summer
[or more often] and have never complained...........aren't these current problems all weather related?
Posts 1 - 10 of 33