Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

One striking thing I've noticed on CatholicMatch is the high number of physically attractive, thoughtful, 7 out of 7 pious women on the site. I don't understand how a good majority of these women are not married.

What is the problem here?

It is that the ostensibly faithful Catholic men in their various dioceses' do not have the guts to approach and talk to these women and take the steps towards entering into the Sacrament of Marraige? Are they afraid to commit?

Or is it that all the eligible men in their respective dioceses' are taken with the result that these faith-filled women are left with a Catholic dating pool that is filled with a bunch of cafeteria Catholic men who have no real commitment to Christ and His Church?

Thoughts?

Jan 07 new
(quote) Vytai-521277 said: One striking thing I've noticed on CatholicMatch is the high number of physically attractive, thoughtful, 7 out of 7 pious women on the site. I don't understand how a good majority of these women are not married.

It is that the ostensibly faithful Catholic men in their various dioceses' do not have the guts to approach and talk to these women and take the steps towards entering into the Sacrament of Marraige? Are they afraid to commit?

Or is it that all the eligible men in their respective dioceses' are taken with the result that these faith-filled women are left with a Catholic dating pool that is filled with a bunch of cafeteria Catholic men who have no real commitment to Christ and His Church?

Thoughts?

very warm welcome on your first post Vytal in the fora wave smile

my two cents too scared to make a move due to pain of rejection or like me not natural to approach sending msg this is problematic ... then being in a comfort zone who needs drama when you can watch a movie or attend life performance ... besides who wants to give up their remote and having to share... wish i knew why no one wants to communicate and be friends .... the same people who contribute, maybe we are scary ... wish life can be wonderful online as offline - do enjoy the membership hug heart scratchchin crossfingers
Jan 07 new
Dude, I've found myself wondering the same thing. I'm just as puzzled as you.
Jan 07 new
(quote) Vytai-521277 said: One striking thing I've noticed on CatholicMatch is the high number of physically attractive, thoughtful, 7 out of 7 pious women on the site. I don't understand how a good majority of these women are not married.

Thoughts?

If you get an answer, Vytai, let me know - I am curious about the answer. In the meantime...looks like you hit the jackpot! God bless you in your search for the lady who will win your heart!
Jan 07 new
Thank you guys (both of you) for speaking out from the male perspective. We keep wondering the same thing. It is definitely a puzzlement. If you can figure it out, can you share? Maybe fear of the unknown is a part of it.
Jan 07 new
(quote) MicheleShelly-873396 said: Thank you guys (both of you) for speaking out from the male perspective. We keep wondering the same thing. It is definitely a puzzlement. If you can figure it out, can you share? Maybe fear of the unknown is a part of it.
Women are like men - quite a few won't Walk the Walk. Many won't even give you their phone number, after months of steady emailing and 100s/ 1000s of emails. Why? For one thing, on the 1st F2F, too many won't see Instant Sparks, and that means ... NO relationship.

Unfortunately, we must all be cautious. As soon as an untruth is discovered, no matter how small (untruth in small means untruth in big - Scripture), then Next !!!!

Go Local - see them over time, so the Chemistry test is passed. LDRs ARE possible, but not as reliable as Local. Note, full honesty MUST prevail. See if relationships can be started, in this order, spiritual, intellectual, emotional ... if those 3 occur, you like being w/ each other, there's mutual trust and respect, God-centered (yes, that means chastity), you place the other's needs above our own, then ... might have to consider a possible Altar Date.
Jan 07 new
I wear a big, bright red "A" on all my clothes to let men know I am Awesome and Approachable. With the lack of interest you'd think they were taught the "A" meant something else...

I think a big problem is that there is a huge drive to encourage men and women to consider religious life. People will "interfere" with the lives of others in that regard, but they are afraid of being too nosy or meddling if they try to set people up on dates or simply offer to pray for singles called to marriage.

For me specifically, I live just outside of a small town full of families and older households. The single men in general go for the cowgirl type. While I do a lot of work outside that gets my hands dirty, my faults are that my John Deere tractor is only a riding lawnmower, and that I love wearing dresses instead of jeans or cowboy boots! I do work in a small city, but if I go to a daily Mass I tend to hop around between parishes, so I don't have the chance to get to know anyone from them
Jan 07 new
Margaret, hang in there. You are a gorgeous young lady. And from what I have read of your posts, you have got your head on straight. I wish you well. Maybe this will be your year. Praying heart
Jan 07 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: For one thing, on the 1st F2F, too many won't see Instant Sparks, and that means ... NO relationship.
Lack of Instant Sparks can be reversed, become smoldering coals that turn into a big-time attraction. This is much more likely Locally.

LDR lack of Instant Sparks is more likely to prevent a relationship from developing, but NOT always.
Jan 07 new

Thoughts?

I think that we are all part of the problem including yourself.
I always thought that I was better looking than my brothers and also more intelligent and harder working with higher morals. I think they are more fun to be with and all got married the first time in there 20's. 2 out of 3 divorced and remarried non-Catholics (some might say they were trophy wives since they were more beautiful than there first wives).
Children are also important in a marriage and for singles over 40 who may never have children it is usually more difficult to get married.
Posts 1 - 10 of 104