Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

While examining how various Fox News personalities have approached the homosexual issue, the new ASI report looks closely at Kelly, a so-called "rising star" at the channel who has a history of trying to "marginalize and discredit religious conservatives."

One of the examples cited in the report is how Kelly emerged as a "transgender advocate" for "Chaz" Bono after the former child actor switched genders from female to male. Kelly was "arrogant and belligerent" in a 2011 interview with Dr. Keith Ablow, in response to his excellent FoxNews.com article urging parents not to let their impressionable children watch Bono on Dancing With the Stars. Kelly's hostile interview with Ablow reached a low point when she accused him of "adding to the hate" against transgenders.

The report adds, "Viewers should remember that it was Kelly ... who set up Bill O'Reilly's 'Thump the Bible' hubbub by stating that in her prior interview with Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council, she did not hear any 'compelling' arguments against same-sex 'marriage.' This led O'Reilly to enthusiastically agree and make his famous remark (which many Christians and conservatives found pejorative)."

"So-called 'Bible thumpers' and other Christians and conservatives who have been offended by Fox News should get the message," Kincaid says. "This is a channel that has lost its way and that viewers should lose their way to on the remote control."

Hannity Slates Catholic Priest

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

Jan 09 new

Bill O'Reilly explained his position in his book, 'Culture Warrior' -

"To this culture warrior, gay marriage is not a vital issue. I don't believe the republic will collapse if Larry marries Brendan. However, it is clear that most Americans want heterosexual marriage to maintain its special place in American society. And as long as gays are not penalized in the civil arena, I think the folks should make the call at the ballot box. Traditional marriage is widely seen as a social stabilizer, and I believe that is true."

On March 26, 2013, O'Reilly stated "I support civil unions, I always have. The gay marriage thing, I dont feel that strongly about it one way or the other. I think the states should do it. O'Reilly then said, "The compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals ... 'Were Americans, we just want to be treated like everybody else.' Thats a compelling argument, and to deny that youve got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasnt been able to do anything but thump the Bible."

Jan 09 new

Hannity Slates Catholicism & Catholic Priest -

http://www.youtube.com

Jan 09 new
(quote) Mark-642218 said:

www.youtube.com

sorry - here's the link!

www.youtube.com
Jan 09 new
Voris had a Dispatches segment on the Fox News situation at the end of the Mi'd Up episode last night. Click on the link below and skip to 01:13:55

new.livestream.com

Jan 09 new
Hannity is an arrogant know it all, who like O'Reilly is full of himself and talks over his guests never letting them finish a thought. I stopped listening to them both a long time ago. To be truly informed as we all do, you don't want to listen to self righteous, egotistical blowhards. Winning a debate is not shouting louder than the other guy.
Jan 09 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Hannity is an arrogant know it all, who like O'Reilly is full of himself and talks over his guests never letting them finish a thought. I stopped listening to them both a long time ago. To be truly informed as we all do, you don't want to listen to self righteous, egotistical blowhards. Winning a debate is not shouting louder than the other guy.
YES IT IS!!
I win.
(Sorry Peter, couldn't resist. wink laughing)
Jan 09 new
Thank you Mark, for posting this. As I've said in other fourm, it's alraming to see people treat Fox as some sort of valhalla of conservative thought. Most of those anchors are either direct obama supporters, or support government intrusion into privacy under the guise of "national security". They want to seem patriotic, but they're only patriotic to the globalist agenda.

Sean Hannity will defend the republicans no matter WHAT they do. The "fox and friends" program touts the drone program for "national security".

And oh yeah, Bill O'Reilly is no stranger to sexual harassment lawsuits; in 2004 he was hit with a lawsuit, and has been known to have private security follow around his ex-wife.

No wonder why Faux is losing ratings!
Jan 09 new
(quote) Mark-642218 said:

www.youtube.com

Having public Catholics in the Media slam the Church for its moral stands is no small part of what is diluting the Church's place in our culture. Fox News does a lot of harm because of its "faux" conservatives.

youtu.be

Michael Voris on this issue.

Jan 09 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: YES IT IS!!
I win.
(Sorry Peter, couldn't resist. )
OH, so you
wanna argue?
BRING IT.
I got my
CAPS LOCK

ON!