Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Deal with the "other" in-laws

Jan 10th 2014 new
For those with married children:
What type of relationship do you have with the parents of your child's spouse?

For those without married children:
What type of relationship do you envision having with them?
Jan 10th 2014 new
Oh, Marge---opening up a can of worms!!!!

Jan 10th 2014 new

Jan 10th 2014 new

Jan 10th 2014 new
Yup Marge, ya opened the flood gates laughing laughing
Jan 10th 2014 new
I have a great relationship with my son's in-laws. But, they live on the east coast while I live on the west coast!! I only see them about once a year, and my son loves them (the most important thing to me). We stay in touch with messages and Facebook. I know I am very blessed!
Jan 10th 2014 new
My mother is 84 and she doesn't give a rat's about anything. Anyway, in the context of which you speak, there's hardly any competition when one set of 'others' is deceased and the other set lives in another country and don't speak English.

So, will you care if the 'others' still love you, if the 'others' still respect you, when you're 64? Never fear. When all else fails, just outlive them. Sweetest revenge ... or sump'n like that.
Jan 10th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: For those with married children:

My son and his family live in Virginia and I only see them 3-4 times a year. My son's mother-in-law lives with my them. She has been a big help with my grand-daughter and my dau-in-law would have never finished her degree without her mom's presence and support. When I arrive to visit she is happy to become "second fiddle" grandmother for a few days. We do things together, socialize, etc. The biggest drawback is her cigarette smoking. I have asthma and am quite allergic to cigarette smoke. We are very different in temperment, personality, etc but respectful of each other and our differences. Overall it is very beneficial for all parties involved.
Jan 10th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: For those with married children:

I have three married sons, and we exchange cards and when we are at funerals, weddings, baptisms...everything is absolutely wonderful, but we have no contact other than that.

My three sons are all at a distance and they reside near their wives' mothers: they did follow that old standard of moving where the girl's mom is...but that's fine...

I have 7 more kids at home...and the over 20's are now beginning to date steadily and one may be contmeplating engagement shortly...so here I go again...with a brood of ten...it's just a cycle...I just stand still and let it all circle around again!!!!

I NEVER anticipated any kind of close relationship, though...unless they had actually chosen local girls...but they did not...so everything's kosher!!!

Jan 11th 2014 new
thanks goodness for facebook.................my daughter has tons of relatives
and we visit there, as they are mostly 1500 miles away..........locally, her
husband's parents live across the street from me but we are only friendly
to a certain functions/gatherings.........................
Posts 1 - 10 of 10