Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 11th 2014 new
It helps to think from time to time about how different we might be from the folks in heaven. We have to tell each other, using a clumsy, linear communication device called words. They can transmit a whole package of meaning at once, "I am", and the receiver just gets it, with no ambiguities, misunderstandings, clarificatory repeats of what was said in different words, etc.
Jan 11th 2014 new
TIME...

i know for me..time is stretched thin..between work, home, and trying to plan a little recreational time, go out occasionally, and spend time looking for a potential spouse.. Sometimes it can be Exhausting.. boggled Praying

Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: It helps to think from time to time about how different we might be from the folks in heaven. We have to tell each other, using a clumsy, linear communication device called words. They can transmit a whole package of meaning at once, "I am", and the receiver just gets it, with no ambiguities, misunderstandings, clarificatory repeats of what was said in different words, etc.
Hi Roystan, do they even need to " transmit " ?
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: It helps to think from time to time about how different we might be from the folks in heaven. We have to tell each other, using a clumsy, linear communication device called words. They can transmit a whole package of meaning at once, "I am", and the receiver just gets it, with no ambiguities, misunderstandings, clarificatory repeats of what was said in different words, etc.

I wish, I wish, Roystan, that I could communicate with my Divine Mercy warrior mother in heaven. I truly wish I could believe in the telepathy you described earlier - and want to believe I could communicate with her. There must be another level of mystical understanding for me to learn.

Jan 11th 2014 new
Words are usually precise, have particular meanings, but it is more often that the user of words is the clumsy one, clumsy often through a combination of things, but greatly due to emotions and ego that can trip up connections.
How does it help to think about that difference between earthly and heavenly communication, in your estimation? Do you mean that it would be helpful to us duffers to hold an ideal and keep trying to live up to it?
Jan 11th 2014 new
Distance.
Jan 11th 2014 new
Hello, Bernie!

"Transmit' as in 'send'? Possibly not. They might just read each other.
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Words are usually precise, have particular meanings, but it is more often that the user of words is the clumsy one, clumsy often through a combination of things, but greatly due to emotions and ego that can trip up connections.
How does it help to think about that difference between earthly and heavenly communication, in your estimation? Do you mean that it would be helpful to us duffers to hold an ideal and keep trying to live up to it?

Lina raises good questions, Roystan. Are you not being surreal in your idealistic expectations along with your obvious difficulty with photo self identity? Again, can't help the psychotherapist herewithin.

Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Please help me understand (and forgive my psychotherapist leanings), but what factors do you think play into our collective difficulties connecting with each other here on CM? My intent is to facilitate constructive dialogue between genders, increase mutual understanding of internet meeting/dating difficulties, and to promote healthier interactions that lead toward the marriage goal toward which many of us strive.

Lot's mentioned already.

He/She is out of one's league.

Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Lina raises good questions, Roystan. Are you not being surreal in your idealistic expectations along with your obvious difficulty with photo self identity? Again, can't help the psychotherapist herewithin.

Carol, don't misunderstand me (there it goes again with words & communication!). I find it neither surreal nor unrealistic. I was wanting to understand what Roystan specifically meant in his post.
Posts 11 - 20 of 200