Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Carol, don't misunderstand me (there it goes again with words & communication!). I find it neither surreal nor unrealistic. I was wanting to understand what Roystan specifically meant in his post.
You and me both, Lina. Roystan, please explain your intended meaning. The level of your brilliance is such that we do not understand you.
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Lot's mentioned already.

He/She is out of one's league.

"out of one's league" is an ego issue, isn't it? Superiority/inferiority that we, as Catholics, should not be considering?
However, "not a good match" may be more apt. Though, without actually meeting people in person, or getting to know them more than just from the superficial aspects of this medium, how is the matchability truly to be known? Reading a profile and making a negative decision based on limited information is only supposition. Meeting in person and spending time with that person could confirm the supposition, yes, but it could as well prove that original negative thought to have been error.
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Hello, Bernie!

"Transmit' as in 'send'? Possibly not. They might just read each other.
Hi Roystan,

Can a Creator fully give, disburse, re-enact His substance into creatures ? Will the final Presence / Vision contain actual separation of any being from the Creator ?
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: Distance.
Hi Margaret, you are always a pleasant face that pops up....Distance in my romantic view, need not be a disqualifier...You only need the right man to appreciate you and recognize that!
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: "out of one's league" is an ego issue, isn't it?
However, "not a good match" may be more apt. 
Perhaps, a better phrase. :-)
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: You only need the right man to appreciate you and recognize that!
Man/Woman.

I'm sure we all want to believe this.
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said:

He/She is out of one's league.

What's this about "out of one's league?"
Jan 11th 2014 new
I guess the people in heaven see each other as whole persons and all communication is honest communication because only trust exists between them. And, as there is no time, and no change for the worse as time on earth can often bring, what you as a heavenite see now in another person is what you see forever in that person. So, heavenites can say to each other, "This is who I am now and forever. And this is who you are now and forever."

You can, in fact, have some of this in your earthly dating conversations. You just have to be, brutally, it may be said, honest across the dating table. (And if a profile seems to be very finicky, that's good. Instead of assuming the person behind that profile is not serious, assume they are serious about what they want, instead of complaining about why they can't be more 'open'.) Find one person and do business with him or her, with the same degree of reciprocity. Which is why multiple dating, even if it seems to be the norm, is sort of nonsensical, as you don't really want to expose your innards to eeeeeverybody. In days gone by, there was no luxury of supermarket choice. People married whom they could get, quite often the girl or boy who, if not living next door, wasn't living all that far away.

In other words, think about what you need (or want), find your Mr or Ms or Miss Jigsaw that seems on paper (or computer screen) to fit your pieces, and bend and stretch (you're a Jigsaw too and his or her pieces have to fit into your structure) to make it happen.
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Hi Margaret, you are always a pleasant face that pops up....Distance in my romantic view, need not be a disqualifier...You only need the right man to appreciate you and recognize that!
Awww... thanks! And thanks for jumping in and starting so many popular topics! biggrin

Distance always seems to rear its ugly head, I'm afraid. Even in the best of circumstances it can be a challenge. I am ever hopeful and optimistic, though!
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: I guess the people in heaven see each other as whole persons and all communication is honest communication because only trust exists between them. And, as there is no time, and no change for the worse as time on earth can often bring, what you as a heavenite see now in another person is what you see forever in that person. So, heavenites can say to each other, "This is who I am now and forever. And this is who you are now and forever."

You can, in fact, have some of this in your earthly dating conversations. You just have to be, brutally, it may be said, honest across the dating table. (And if a profile seems to be very finicky, that's good. Instead of assuming the person behind that profile is not serious, assume they are serious about what they want, instead of complaining about why they can't be more 'open'.) Find one person and do business with him or her, with the same degree of reciprocity. Which is why multiple dating, even if it seems to be the norm, is sort of nonsensical, as you don't really want to expose your innards to eeeeeverybody. In days gone by, there was no luxury of supermarket choice. People married whom they could get, quite often the girl or boy who, if not living next door, wasn't living all that far away.

In other words, think about what you need (or want), find your Mr or Ms or Miss Jigsaw that seems on paper (or computer screen) to fit your pieces, and bend and stretch (you're a Jigsaw too and his or her pieces have to fit into your structure) to make it happen.
You have probably described a big reason why there is so much lack of "success" on dating sites--generalization instead of specialization; humongous supermarket instead of the corner butcher shop. The number of possibilities, the selection, is vast. In trying to decide, the belief is that a better one will be found if we just look some more.

And as to the jigsaw pieces bending and stretching--wouldn't that be love?
Posts 21 - 30 of 200