Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

old sayings

Jan 11th 2014 new
I saw something in another thread that got me thinking of funny phrases or old phrases or phrases that your parents used to say that would drive you nuts.
For example, "Back in my day.."
I think it would be more fun if we were able to fill in the blank with each other's sayings, like, "You get what you get and you don't throw a .....fit.
Jan 12th 2014 new
"It is better to be a little bit lonely then......
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: I saw something in another thread that got me thinking of funny phrases or old phrases or phrases that your parents used to say that would drive you nuts.
For example, "Back in my day.."
I think it would be more fun if we were able to fill in the blank with each other's sayings, like, "You get what you get and you don't throw a .....fit.
Nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of ............
As snug as a bug in a .......
Jan 12th 2014 new
Be careful what you ask for......
Jan 14th 2014 new
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Jan 14th 2014 new
When I was your age I walked 10 miles to school in all kinds of weather. Uphill both ways!
Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: When I was your age I walked 10 miles to school in all kinds of weather. Uphill both ways!
Peter, I love your humor. Down here we're a bit more specific and add "in the snow and barefooted with a snow shovel in each hand".
Jan 14th 2014 new
I heard an old saying:
"He who marries for money earns it."
Jan 16th 2014 new
"Sleep tight.....and don't let the bed bugs bite"
Jan 16th 2014 new

Sorry Marita...didn't do it right. We'll try another one:

"Up and......."

Posts 1 - 10 of 87