Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

The article lede:

(Munich), the militant Jewish convert and Catholic priest Ariel Levi Stefano di Gualdo has expressed his opinion on the "German" problem in the Catholic Church and speaks of a current, complete schism.
eponymousflower.blogspot.com

You can also find this in the headlines on Pewsitter.com.

Dec 31st 2013 new
it looked like a farmer's market
Dec 31st 2013 new
You saw the video at the end, eh?

Dec 31st 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: The article lede:

(Munich), the militant Jewish convert and Catholic priest Ariel Levi Stefano di Gualdo has expressed his opinion on the "German" problem in the Catholic Church and speaks of a current, complete schism.
http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2013/12/munich-militant-jewish-convert-and.html

You can also find this in the headlines on Pewsitter.com.

I had attended a weekday Mass one morning last summer at the cathedral in Cologne (der Koelner Dom); there was NONE of that frivolity during the Mass.

Quite frankly, none of the people in the pews looked like they would have accepted it for even a moment.
Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: You saw the video at the end, eh?

If you are referring to the dancing while turning around, I experienced something similar at a parish in New Jersey (Bergen County). This does not appear to be a uniquely German problem.
Jan 11th 2014 new
I think the author paints a very one-sided picture (but that might just be my " ineradicable Teutonic arrogance" wink ) and I don't understand how he can draw such drastic conclusions from his experience in one particular Parish, no matter where it is located.

Living in Germany I have obviously been to various German parishes. I have never heard a homily delivered by a lay person (and certainly not a woman) and I have never seen people walking through church with the consecrated host in their hands. We might take one step to the side to make the sign of the cross and bow in the direction of the altar after we have recieved it but that's it. Some Sunday services (especially those declared to be children's liturgy) contain modern songs and people might be holding hands while saying the Our Father or clapping during a choir's performance but I have seen the same in France and Britain.

Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Kate-913075 said: I think the author paints a very one-sided picture (but that might just be my " ineradicable Teutonic arrogance" ) and I don't understand how he can draw such drastic conclusions from his experience in one particular Parish, no matter where it is located.

Living in Germany I have obviously been to various German parishes. I have never heard a homily delivered by a lay person (and certainly not a woman) and I have never seen people walking through church with the consecrated host in their hands. We might take one step to the side to make the sign of the cross and bow in the direction of the altar after we have recieved it but that's it. Some Sunday services (especially those declared to be children's liturgy) contain modern songs and people might be holding hands while saying the Our Father or clapping during a choir's performance but I have seen the same in France and Britain.

You have to understand Kate that there are people who believe that anything new at all is heretical.

If they had been around when electric lighting and loud speaker systems were first introduced into our Churches, they would have condemned that as heresy as well.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: You have to understand Kate that there are people who believe that anything new at all is heretical.

If they had been around when electric lighting and loud speaker systems were first introduced into our Churches, they would have condemned that as heresy as well.
That's funny Paul ! laughing electric lights and loud speakers a heresy..... laughing
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: That's funny Paul ! electric lights and loud speakers a heresy.....
Especially since my local church has an electronic organ.

Nice one too.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: You have to understand Kate that there are people who believe that anything new at all is heretical.

laughing thank you. That explains a lot wink
Posts 1 - 10 of 23