Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Like, in what order to you care about these things:

• Intelligence
  • Physical attractiveness
  • Economic status
  • Holiness
  • Fun
  • Great career
  • Desire to change for the better
  • Honesty
  • Communicative
  • Brave
  • Confident

Hopefully the list is about right. Feel free to add or ignore anything on it (just don't cheat on yourself, please, for crying out loud).

I'm just curious to see what the average response might be among the saints... scratchchin
Jan 12th 2014 new
Honesty
Jan 12th 2014 new
I actually intended it to be like a list where on top is the most important thing you look for and at the bottom the one you can do without (at least for the time being). wink
Jan 12th 2014 new
Oh sorry, read it by too fast....

Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Juan-1022000 said: Like, in what order to you care about these things:

IntelligencePhysical attractivenessEconomic statusHolinessFunGreat careerDesire to change for the betterHonestyCommunicativeBraveConfident
Hopefully the list is about right. Feel free to add or ignore anything on it (just don't cheat on yourself, please, for crying out loud).

I'm just curious to see what the average response might be among the saints...
I'd put Holiness on top, and bring up Bravery/Confidence, Communicative, and Honesty up higher too.

It would be difficult to build a strong relationship without a firm spirituality and values system as foundation. And as regards the other two, I've been surprised to find that a lot of men are not actually as brave and confident as most people (women, especially) would think. Men can actually be quite shy and flustered and indecisive, and not at all take charge. Time and again, I've found that despite my own shyness, I sometimes find myself making decisions and taking charge because the guy I'm with is waiting for I-don't-know-what. Honesty is a given. It shows a willingness to invest trust in the other person, and it inspires reciprocal confidence.

Towards the bottom of the list I would probably put Great career and Physical attractiveness. "Great" is subjective. I think that as long as the person has a respectable job that he enjoys, it's enough. Physical attractiveness is also subjective. And even if one has demi-godlike looks and is considered "universally" attractive, it doesn't guarantee chemistry. Pleasant to look at is enough, though not required. Wonderful to talk to and trustworthiness is.
Jan 12th 2014 new

I need a man who's smart and relatively well-educated (I'm something of an egghead).

I want a man who has a kind and generous nature.

I prefer a man who won't demand to have pets.

I would tread lightly with a man with a past involving serious problems (drugs, alcohol, jail, crazy ex, etc.).

Beyond that, I'm willing to accept you for who you are.

Jan 12th 2014 new

IntelligencePhysical attractivenessEconomic statusHolinessFunGreat careerDesire to change for the betterHonestyCommunicativeBraveConfident

hmmmm, let's see:

1. Kindness
2. Intelligence
3. Fun -- great grin and an awesome laugh
4. Strong work ethic
5. Honesty
6. Communicative
7. Confident
8. Brave
9. Faith in thought and action
10.economically responsible

Jan 12th 2014 new

Holiness
Desire to Change for the better
Intelligence
Fun
Honest
Communicative
Not too clingy
Financially responsible
Confident
Communicative
Physical Attractiveness
Has a job he loves

that would be my preference
Jan 12th 2014 new

Intelligence Physical attractiveness Economic status Holiness Fun Great career Desire to change for the better Honesty Communicative Brave Confident

From my experience, I think age may be at the top of the list. Most want someone within about 2 years of their own age...maybe that's why so many are disappointed with CM two cents
Jan 12th 2014 new
Hi Roger, from my experience I don't believe that is true especially for the 40+. I have a range od 10 years.
Posts 1 - 10 of 83