Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Let's face it.. a reality of online dating is that we communicate with many people that we may never meet... much less even talk to on the phone. Also, with the ones that we do meet, in all likelihood (or maybe just in my case... LOL), they turn out to be short lived dating experiences (3 dates or less) and end long before you start wondering if you are in a relationship.

I suppose that since we men are in most cases the pursuers, I suppose that women may feel a little more pressure. They may wonder what is the best way to handle a situation with a guy that they like, but dont "like like." It does seem that in atleast my experience women are far more into the intangibles than we guys are. They need to feel romance and sparks from the beginning or they bail. While I wish more women were willing to give some nice guys like me more of a chance, I certainly respect their wishes if they no longer want to continue the courtship.

However, I have had a number of experiences with women (and unfortunately many I met here on catholicmatch) where I simply just heard nothing. Now, I am not talking simply sending a woman an introductory email or emotigram. If I have had nor prior contact with someone, I do not expect a reply. In fact, when I have simply sent a gal an emotigram and then she feels the need to tell me to "have a nice life" in so many words, it actually kinda annoys me. (There was no expectation or prior communication... it is kinda like being at a bar and talking to gal and she feels the need to tell you she has a boyfriend well before you've even asked for her number... but I digress...)

What does annoy me, however, is when I have started a courtship with someone on this site, and then nothing.... I have had two experiences with catholic match women over the past couple months where this has occurred. In one case, we went out once and in the other case, twice. In addition, numerous emotigrams, texts, phone calls were exchanged so our respective courtships we more extensive than the face to face dates. Now, I understand in neither case were we even near being in a relationship and ready to take down our profiles, but certainly atleast some kind of courtship had occurred. I assume in both case the women kinda felt the whole "i think you are a great guy, but" thing, and didn't know how to break it off so they just did nothing. It just left me feeling a bit empty and confused, and although I understand that my situation would still be the same if either of them just explained themselves, I just wonder why it is so hard for alteast some women to just level with guys. Now, I know we guys are guilty of many wrongs in dating, probably far more than women, but it does seem that sometimes the nice guys finish last. :(:(:

On a positive note, however, I once again became a paying member so I am sure all the ladies beware.....
Jan 15th 2014 new
Women have the same trouble with guys. Breaking up his hard but if it's not working out or a dating relationship is not what you want it's better to be honest. I don't have that problem but generally speaking people don't like to say no or reject others so they either drag things out of disappear. I work in market research and talk with a large segment of folks you would be amazed at the stories I hear or the excuses I have to listen too as to why people aren't interested in doing a paid survey....instead of just saying no not interested this time they will spend 10 minutes telling me why they can't do it. People just hate to say no.
Jan 15th 2014 new
Not saying it's right, but I don't find it confusing if a guy just stops talking to me. I am always 100% certain he's no longer interested. Now if we could just find a way not to feel feelings, we'd be set.
Jan 15th 2014 new
It's the ones that talk for a while, quit for a while, start back up again that are confusing to me -- makes a girl feel like she is 'back-up' for when no one else responds.
Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: It's the ones that talk for a while, quit for a while, start back up again that are confusing to me -- makes a girl feel like she is 'back-up' for when no one else responds.
yup.................my thoughts also scratchchin
Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: It's the ones that talk for a while, quit for a while, start back up again that are confusing to me -- makes a girl feel like she is 'back-up' for when no one else responds.
I had never thought of it that way...
Guess it goes for guys as well
my sisters are all happily married
and I think the "back-up" idea
was present in each of their relationships
so I won't worry about it
John
Jan 15th 2014 new
Skunkoids.......................................................................................................................

He-- morroids. Buncha stinkers. Like your cat.
Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Skunkoids.......................................................................................................................

He-- morroids. Buncha stinkers. Like your cat.
Words of wisdom!!
Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: People just hate to say no.
Yuup. Pretty much.
Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said:  it is kinda like being at a bar and talking to gal and she feels the need to tell you she has a boyfriend well before you've even asked for her number... but I degress

I guess I've never thought about it that way.

"Just making freindly conversation here. Not making plans to start a family!"

There should be a new trend that if someone is in a relationship, a ring should be worn on a specific finger. It would avoid "most" akwardness. scratchchin
Posts 1 - 10 of 21