Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 18th 2014 new
Lauren, I am very sorry to hear that you lost your husband. Your post is very insightful. Paul I have to say you sound like a very kind man. However I know, I actually find it really irritating when someone is tries to fix me. We are all in need of God's healing. Relationships that bring both people closer to God are healthy. Relationships that tip people towards being more dependent on each other than God in my opinion are unhealthy. God bless you all.
Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said:
Wings .......... and (shake, shake, shake) tail feather .......... in a loop de loop ....................

Is a right-winger an unhealthy personality with a broken left wing? Is a left-winger an unhealthy personality with a broken right wing? Is a moderate an unhealthy personality with two broken wings? Is a neurotic an unhealthy personality who can't stop and change direction because of broken tail feathers?
Roystan! Be careful or they will move your quote to the political forum and then we'll have some real action in the forums this weekend! Great train of thought.......
Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Karen-712407 said: Roystan! Be careful or they will move your quote to the political forum and then we'll have some real action in the forums this weekend! Great train of thought.......
Has Roystan been mistaking the forums for his pot of soup again? stir the pot! Its getting cold! laughing laughing
Jan 18th 2014 new
Heard this line from a movie recently and thought of this thread. Interestingly, this movie was filmed just blocks from my house. Or at least the majority of it. I remember people in the community mentioning they spotted Robert De Niro.

Look, sometimes its OK with girls like this, they wanna have fun, and sometimes its not because they've got a broken wing and theyre hurt and theyre an easy target. In this case, this particular case, I think that wing is being fixed, my friend, and you gotta make sure that its mended and youre getting in the way of that right now, okay, because shes sensitive and shes smart, shes artistic. This is a great girl, you gotta be respectful to that. Come on, let me walk you to your car, youre a better guy than this.

Jan 18th 2014 new

Sara, that fits perfectly with what John said about not relying on others for our mending. To be broken in that respect makes us vulnerable. It is quite different than being grounded. While both are in need of God's grace, one is more prepared to return love than the other, more whole and healthier. Thank you both for helping me separate the two.

And Karen, yes, we do come to the table broken, always in need of God's grace. That is what I was referring to when I envisioned all of us as birds with broken wings. In this instance, having another to care for us and tend to us is a blessing.

Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Ann-1035042 said: That's why love is so special, we receive it even when we don't deserve it. Same goes for the love we receive from God. I would never say I deserve the love God gives me, but He gives it to me anyway,....

Putting aside the other verbiage in this clip, when you bring someone into this world, as a human or as God, do they owe you nothing because you are responsible for them? That they deserve your love because you made them, and when they make someone else, they will be similarly obligated as well? (There's supposedly an old Chinese saying that if you see someone about to kill himself, don't stop him unless you're prepared to look after him for the rest of your life.)

If it is your job (or hobby) to be a film reviewer from a Christian point of view, or if your RE teacher assigned you this topic, how would you respond to what the son said to his father?

tinyurl.com

Jan 18th 2014 new

What a difficult scenario to endure.....and it seems this has happened before.

Perhaps a suggestion would be to ask yourself, why are you attracted to the broken-winged type? Does this phrase include but not limited to: are you attracted to weak women? i.e. needy, emotional, helpless, complicated, indecisive etc....

Maybe you can turn this around by allowing yourself to find a woman who has similar interests/hobbies AND has interests/hobbies that are not on your bucket list. That way she can OFFER YOU something, as oppose to you being the only 'giver' in the relationship.

Just a suggestion. All the best ~ Rose

Jan 18th 2014 new

Great comments! You are a wise one, kiddo.

When I said "unworthy"...I was thinking of those who use their "broken wing":
- as an excuse, when what they really mean is "You're not my type"
- as an alternative to moving on: wallowing in their problems instead of rising to overcome them
- as a means of exacting pity, material assistance, and absolution from carrying responsibility.

I believe in being generous and patient. But sometimes you do people are not worth your time.

Jan 18th 2014 new
Though we may each have a different definition of the word "baggage", none of us can deny that we each carry wounds that have not yet healed and the scars of those that have. it is a part of the human condition. If we have lived even slightly 'close to the fire' we each carry joy as well as pain in our stories. What hasn't healed as yet, we carry still.
Love is the healing balm.

the right love at the right time and only when we are Open to it.

Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said:

Putting aside the other verbiage in this clip, when you bring someone into this world, as a human or as God, do they owe you nothing because you are responsible for them? That they deserve your love because you made them, and when they make someone else, they will be similarly obligated as well? (There's supposedly an old Chinese saying that if you see someone about to kill himself, don't stop him unless you're prepared to look after him for the rest of your life.)

If it is your job (or hobby) to be a film reviewer from a Christian point of view, or if your RE teacher assigned you this topic, how would you respond to what the son said to his father?

http://tinyurl.com/kkcj9ee

Wow, I think this is why God sent His Son, to mediate that kind of scenario,
Posts 41 - 50 of 116