Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 19th 2014 new
One must always remember - when we are pointing a finger at another - there are always 3 pointing back at us. Or "first take the plank from thine own eyes so that we may see more clearing to remove the speck from our brother's eye."
Sometimes, actually quite a lot, I ask God what He is trying to teach me when certain people are presented in my life. Even though they might not be marriage material for me, I believe that there are always lesson to learn to refine us to sainthood.

Just my two cents... two cents
Jan 19th 2014 new
Settling to me, means two things-

Knowing that someone does not fully make you happy and choosing to stay with them regardless because you are too paralyzed by fear of being alone that you are willing to live unhappily.

Knowing that someone is wrong for you and thinking that you can change them into becoming a better person, so you stick around choosing to stay with that person because you feel you can change them.

Jan 19th 2014 new
(quote) Maria-1022025 said: Settling to me, means two things-

Knowing that someone does not fully make you happy and choosing to stay with them regardless because you are too paralyzed by fear of being alone that you are willing to live unhappily.

Knowing that someone is wrong for you and thinking that you can change them into becoming a better person, so you stick around choosing to stay with that person because you feel you can change them.

Oh, no wonder... scratchchin
Jan 19th 2014 new

If settling means marrying someone despite their faults, well, I've done it once and I'll do it again. I'm not interested in perfection, just the one that lights up my life and feels the same about me.

Jan 19th 2014 new

If settling means marrying someone despite their faults, well, I've done it once and I'll do it again. I'm not interested in perfection, just the one that lights up my life and feels the same about me.

Jan 19th 2014 new
(quote) Maria-1022025 said: Settling to me, means two things-

I couldn't agree more, Maria. Those are two of the reasons I'm still unmarried at 45. Unfortunately, I've had a few very serious relationships where one or both of those two things were happening.

I've always felt strongly that two people need to be rock solid on the fundamentals (especially in regard to faith). If the relationship is not built on common ground, I just see it being a disaster. If you don't see eye to eye on finances, moral standards, etc., it's just not going to work.
Jan 19th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Well said, Kathy.
Jan 19th 2014 new
I can agree that perfection is not something any of us should look for in a potential partner...let's face it, no one is perfect. However, there are character defects or personalities that just do not mix well. I am not looking for the most attractive guy, the richest guy, the smartest guy- but I am also not looking to spend my life with someone who is overwhelmingly needy, irresponsible, or lazy.....these are three of the things I refuse to settle for....

Jan 19th 2014 new
I can agree that perfection is not something any of us should look for in a potential partner...let's face it, no one is perfect. However, there are character defects or personalities that just do not mix well. I am not looking for the most attractive guy, the richest guy, the smartest guy- but I am also not looking to spend my life with someone who is overwhelmingly needy, irresponsible, or lazy.....these are three of the things I refuse to settle for....

Jan 19th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: That said, one's idea of what amounts to 'settling' does tend to change over time. It would be odd if one's ideal at age seven and one's ideal at, say, 47 were identical. So I don't know what that does to the idea that 'true love comes but once in a lifetime'.
David Cassidy proves your point.
Posts 11 - 20 of 55