Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Is anybody out there? Besides the ghosts behind the computers & iphones? rolling eyes I sure hope so! So aside from being on-line and having no luck, or maybe some of you are having great luck, especially those wonderful stories we've all read on the CM Institute blogs, right? cloud shhh

By all means, I'd say, keep going to your favorite neighborhood places all the while scanning for other singles. But here are a few idea on where to meet people. Maybe you might join a charity group, it's a win win situation since you will be with like-minded people who are offering their time and it's alot better then a bar and partying scratchchin

I know we don't go to church for reasons of meeting people, but why not sit down in a pew next to someone you hope is single? It's not to say you will strike up a conversation of course during the sermon, etc., but at least during the peace offering, it may be, to some degree, and ice breaker to say "peace be with you" and smile. smile

How about a shooting range? besides, most of us have never shot a gun or even held one for that matter, and pssst I hear alot of men go to the ranges, and besides, I think men respect a woman who is learning how to handle a gun to protect herself and possibly her children at home. rolling eyes

Maybe at a co-ed triathlon? Well, maybe your not a runner, and that's ok? but you can be a slow runner and enjoy the other events, or just go to be a part of the crowd cheering them on. It's still a positive like-minded place to meet a person who loves challenges and takes care of himself or herself. However, no sticking your foot out to trip one of the competitors to meet them, lol

We all know how much men love shopping, right wide eyed how about a clothing stores that cater to both men and women? Afterall, you can always ask him, " Can I help you pick out a tie to go with that shirt ?" or for the men, maybe at the womens perfume department, " I'm shopping for a perfume for my mother, what are your thoughts on this one?" or better yet, "what perfumes could you suggest for a gift for my mother?" Afterall, we women sure do love a guy who loves his mother, don't we girls? wink

Personally, one of my favorite places to be honest....is my home away from home! HOME DEPOT! First I am a person who loves projects around the house and you can get lost with ideas in there, and Saturdays are the best days. Talk about "easy questions" to ask a person in that store, right? Even for the men when they may see a lady confused, not saying we're cofused wink but we sure can "play confused", right ladies? LOL

Just brainstorming some ideas out there for people, and no, none of them are new ideas, and most of us are aware of them, but sometimes we run out of the house with our "list" of things to get done and we tend to forget that while we are accomplishing those "lists", includes on your "list" meeting just one person in each place you shop for that given day. crossfingers

Have fun and make it a goal!
Sharon

Jan 20 new
I've heard hardward or cart parts stores are a good place to meet guys but I've been spending a lot of times at Lowes and Home Depot because of my house and I'm still single...lol I would just find groups that do activities you like and try to meet a wide range of folks. Meetup.com has lots of hiking and social groups but it's depends on the area and how commited the organizers are. You can always start you own group there fairly easily so it's a good place to socialize and network. My area has lots of meetup groups that are very active. I'm an assistant organizer in 2 groups though I really just organize hikes. Best of luck.
Jan 20 new
It's always an adventure to meet new friends! Getting involved in your community is a great way to make new friends. Try a new activity like golf. You could join a golf club or go out to the driving range. See what's available at your church. My church has many social groups and activities. What about starting a social group or activity at your church?
I think the most important thing is to just go out, have fun, and make friends. God will do the rest!

Jan 20 new
Love your ideas Sharon--lol! I have met men in various places-- (without the intention because I was waiting for my anulement to be granted___so maybe now none of these will work for me --haha) here are my suggestions:

The local library:spend time using the computer. I have had men approach me and start conversations and one of my friends met her boyfriend while she was conducting research using the library computer.

Read a book in the park: Curious men will approach you and inquire about the book you are reading as an ice breaker.

Museums: endless conversation starters at a museum.

The train: if you are a daily commuter you will soon notice the same people. My cousin met his wife on the train and my friend met her boyfriend ---both couples as commuters. Sit next to a single man and strike up a conversation.

The grocery store: men will ask you about ingredients, cooking, etc.

The coffee shop: alot of men do work on their laptops at the local brew house.

Classes: take a leisure class that you are interested in.

Walking the dog: maybe Mr. Right has a Fido too!

Best of luck ladies!
Jan 20 new
(quote) Michele-989480 said: Love your ideas Sharon--lol! I have met men in various places-- (without the intention because I was waiting for my anulement to be granted___so maybe now none of these will work for me --haha) here are my suggestions:

The local library:spend time using the computer. I have had men approach me and start conversations and one of my friends met her boyfriend while she was conducting research using the library computer.

Read a book in the park: Curious men will approach you and inquire about the book you are reading as an ice breaker.

Museums: endless conversation starters at a museum.

The train: if you are a daily commuter you will soon notice the same people. My cousin met his wife on the train and my friend met her boyfriend ---both couples as commuters. Sit next to a single man and strike up a conversation.

The grocery store: men will ask you about ingredients, cooking, etc.

The coffee shop: alot of men do work on their laptops at the local brew house.

Classes: take a leisure class that you are interested in.

Walking the dog: maybe Mr. Right has a Fido too!

Best of luck ladies!
Hello Michele,

Love you ideas, isn't it funny, when you least expect it, it happens. We hope it's with the right man of course, and not someone who is a little coo coo, lol, sorry men, but there are a few out there haha. Best of luck Michele and I wish you the best on your anullment process.

blessings,
Sharon
Jan 20 new
? coo coo laughing
Jan 20 new
The most excitement I've gotten at a "hardware" store was when a girl at Lowes saw my shoes and said to her mom "Her high heels have laces. That's freaky!" When I replied "they're freaky cool, right?" she gave me a look of astonishment that I would dare talk to her. Hee hee.

There was a man who sat next to me during Mass at a church I rarely attend. It bothered me at first because there were so many empty pews around, but I made an attitude adjustment and thought it was quite nice he chose me to sit next to. But then he started to talk to me during Mass. It was awkward.

I should try the shooting range idea, even though there is a range of sorts my brother set up on the property where I live. There are a lot of hunters in my area, and despite the fact I don't like the thought of killing critters for sport, I am an extremely good assistant deer gutter!
Jan 20 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said:
There was a man who sat next to me during Mass at a church I rarely attend. It bothered me at first because there were so many empty pews around, but I made an attitude adjustment and thought it was quite nice he chose me to sit next to. But then he started to talk to me during Mass. It was awkward.

I've never had any talk to me during Mass, but I've gotten some smiles before or during. Funny thing is that they always seem to make a hasty exit after Mass or I have to make a hasty exit because I teach CCD on several Sundays each month. scratchchin
It's always such a stampede when Mass is over!
Jan 20 new
I guess that's one way. Shooting range to flower gardens. Home Depot to day spa, rock climbing to cleaning gutters. All transposes and it is bonding together! After all: TO GET HER or him! Dave
Jan 20 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: The most excitement I've gotten at a "hardware" store was when a girl at Lowes saw my shoes and said to her mom "Her high heels have laces. That's freaky!" When I replied "they're freaky cool, right?" she gave me a look of astonishment that I would dare talk to her. Hee hee.

I should try the shooting range idea, even though there is a range of sorts my brother set up on the property where I live. There are a lot of hunters in my area, and despite the fact I don't like the thought of killing critters for sport, I am an extremely good assistant deer gutter!
Hi Margaret,

Now that was a funny story about Lowes, lol. I could absolutely understand your situation at church, I'd probably feel the same way thinking there are lots of pews open, why did he sit here kind of attitude, lol. But like you, I'd have to have an attitude adjustment also, but at least he was making an attempt to try to get to know you! Just at the wrong time, not during mass.

Let me know how the shooting goes and the range, I bet you'd have a blast! I think it would be fun, but I'd definitely be scared the first few times it went off.

blessings,
Sharon
Posts 1 - 10 of 47