Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Helen-353634 said: Margaret wrote:

"My favorite place to travel is Mackinac Island, MI, though any place in Michigan is pretty awesome. I would love to hike from one end to the other of both Isle Royale National Park and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, but to play it safe I would need a traveling companion.

I would also love to go to Ireland and Scotland. As part Irish lass I feel I would fit in there just swimmingly, while Scotland is just plain cool. I do need to go to Lithuania, too, as I am the only member of my immediate family who has yet to make the trek."

Hello Margaret

If you ever decide to come visit Ireland give me a shout beforehand and I will let you in on all the beautiful walks and treks here (as well as all the "off the beaten track" shebeens, pubs and festivals ) You would indeed fit in here "Swimmingly" as long as you bring a rain mac and a good pair of boots

Ps: Jessica and Lauren - same offer open to you (Lauren -March is a great time to visit as it co-incides with all the festivities for St. Patrick's day )
Thanks Helen I just might give it some serious thought. . . more likely next March though. . .
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Ludwik-33046 said: Just have to say about that pilgrimage walk, it sounds incredible!

Regardless, I am assuming you meant Borgos, Spain. That town alone is worth it! Wonderful town with an incredible church, city square, and statues! Have fun!

Ludwik

I'm not sure where Borgos (can't find that spelling online) is but I walked to Burgos en.wikipedia.org. It is a beautiful city with a huge cathedral and all the features you described. I don't know if you just use an alternative spelling for the same city or not??

Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Annie-1040839 said:

Ludwik

I'm not sure where Borgos (can't find that spelling online) is but I walked to Burgos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgos. It is a beautiful city with a huge cathedral and all the features you described. I don't know if you just use an alternative spelling for the same city or not??

Annie, that is it. I recommend if you all get the chance to go check it out. Of course all of Spain is fascinating and is among my top three travel places so I am a little biased. If you ever want travel information from the places I listed earlier, would be happy to chat about it. God bless!
Jan 21st 2014 new
I just obtained one this last summer. Now that I have one, ANY place would be nice, other than Mexico. That's ONLY because I've been to a few places already. Is one needed for Austrailia? That is one place I would love to travel to. smile
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: I just obtained one this last summer. Now that I have one, ANY place would be nice, other than Mexico. That's ONLY because I've been to a few places already. Is one needed for Austrailia? That is one place I would love to travel to.
Hi Johnny,
My travel agent helped me get an electronic Visa for the period of time I went in 2010. Additionally, I also had to have my passport that is a given. I will be glad to offer you suggestions as to what to see if interested. Also, are you a adrenaline junkie?

Talk to you later!
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Ludwik-33046 said: Hi Johnny,
My travel agent helped me get an electronic Visa for the period of time I went in 2010. Additionally, I also had to have my passport that is a given. I will be glad to offer you suggestions as to what to see if interested. Also, are you a adrenaline junkie?

Talk to you later!
Hello. What is the electronic visa for?
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Hello. What is the electronic visa for?
I just did what was required from the travel agent who helped me get the trip arranged. You need a Visa to visit Australia and I believe it lays out the time you are going to be there. I went in January 2010 and boy was it hot...Every two years I go summery in January...2012 it was a cruise...2014 it's a cruise (this weekend)!

So I hope that helps you! It's needed to get into the country.
Posts 41 - 47 of 47