Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

You know it is so easy to let negativity breed negativity in our world. It weighs us down and steals the color from the world around us. So we have a choice to either continue letting negativity influence our lives or to actively seek something beautiful, colorful and worthwhile in our world, no matter how clouded it may seem. So, share some of the beautiful things you have encountered today, or this week?? Or ever in your life. . . something that sticks with you because of its simple beauty.

I will start: The sky today is a pale winter blue but the sun is crisp and bright filling my living room with golden light. . .and it makes me smile :-)
Jan 21st 2014 new
I like the suggestion of your post Lauren.

Being *stuck* inside with snow falling at a fast rate outside while listening to Vivaldi and starting a new landscape painting. Certain times while painting I neither stop for food or drink for hours on end, steeped in inspiration. This morning was one of them. Now my heart rate needs to slow down...

Jan 21st 2014 new
I am in my studio, watching Sara's snowflakes drifting their way toward Lansdowne, my hometown.

I feel a hush over my world, the world outside my window, and, in some fashion, the world beyond time. A sense of anticipation hangs in the air, for miracles about to reveal. "In darkness, there came a great light" What is about to be born? Tonight? Who knows?
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Larry-994477 said: I am in my studio, watching Sara's snowflakes drifting their way toward Lansdowne, my hometown.

I feel a hush over my world, the world outside my window, and, in some fashion, the world beyond time. A sense of anticipation hangs in the air, for miracles about to reveal. "In darkness, there came a great light" What is about to be born? Tonight? Who knows?
No snow for us, only the bitter cold :-) But, that's okay because the sun is beautiful.
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Sara-979131 said: I like the suggestion of your post Lauren.

Being *stuck* inside with snow falling at a fast rate outside while listening to Vivaldi and starting a new landscape painting. Certain times while painting I neither stop for food or drink for hours on end, steeped in inspiration. This morning was one of them. Now my heart rate needs to slow down...

This is wonderful Sara. I have moments like that as well when writing or even more so when digging deep into research. I admire all who can draw or paint -- as I definitely not gifted in those talents. I am so happy your morning was one of inspiration and exhilaration as well. :-)
Jan 21st 2014 new
This is beautiful Larry!
Jan 21st 2014 new

I was just starting my drawing warm ups, and boy I am really out of practice, while taking a drawing lesson, I could hardly get the pencil to go the way I wanted, but then I turned around and looked out the window and saw the snow covering everything white.Everywhere I looked I saw the glistening in the cold dark morning before dawn. So then all I wanted to do was look at the snow in awe and wonder.

Snow Song

I like to walk

on fresh fallen snow

The kind that whispers and speaks

It sings a song

as I walk along

With crackles and

scrunches and squeaks.

Chasing Snowflakes

I've been out chasing snowflakes

As round and round they blew.

I had a lot of winter fun

I hope that you did, too!

( I tired to post my warm up pic in here, we use to, but it's in my profile pictures. Wonder how you do that now? )

Jan 21st 2014 new
John 4:19: "We love because He first loved us.' has been my verse for this prayer period, and I have been perusing Henri Nouwen's The Only Necessary Thing: Living a Prayerful Life and his chapter on BELOVEDNESS.

Nouwen explains that " listening to that voice---to the One who calls you the Beloved is to constantly go back to the truth of who we are and to claim it for ourselves...My life is rooted in my spiritual identity. Whatever we do, we have to go back regularly to that place of core identity."

So in my prayer today I have been returning to John 4: 19...Much the same as my daughter does her core ballet work en pointe, I am listening to the voice of first love from my "Lord of the Dance"!

HE is a beautiful dance partner and I cherish being His Beloved!

Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said:

I was just starting my drawing warm ups, and boy I am really out of practice, while taking a drawing lesson, I could hardly get the pencil to go the way I wanted, but then I turned around and looked out the window and saw the snow covering everything white.Everywhere I looked I saw the glistening in the cold dark morning before dawn. So then all I wanted to do was look at the snow in awe and wonder.

Snow Song

I like to walk

on fresh fallen snow

The kind that whispers and speaks

It sings a song

as I walk along

With crackles and

scrunches and squeaks.

Chasing Snowflakes

I've been out chasing snowflakes

As round and round they blew.

I had a lot of winter fun

I hope that you did, too!

( I tired to post my warm up pic in here, we use to, but it's in my profile pictures. Wonder how you do that now? )

These are beautiful Cindy!!
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: John 4:19: "We love because He first loved us.' has been my verse for this prayer period, and I have been perusing Henri Nouwen's The Only Necessary Thing: Living a Prayerful Life and his chapter on BELOVEDNESS.

Nouwen explains that " listening to that voice---to the One who calls you the Beloved is to constantly go back to the truth of who we are and to claim it for ourselves...My life is rooted in my spiritual identity. Whatever we do, we have to go back regularly to that place of core identity."

So in my prayer today I have been returning to John 4: 19...Much the same as my daughter does her core ballet work en pointe, I am listening to the voice of first love from my "Lord of the Dance"!

HE is a beautiful dance partner and I cherish being His Beloved!

This is a beautiful thought to ponder Barbara thank you for sharing it with us. It is beautiful to be beloved.
Posts 1 - 10 of 63