Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

On 3 February, the European Parliament will vote on the Lunacek Report, officially known as "EU Roadmap against homophobia and discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity."

The Lunacek Report is an attempt by the LGBT lobby to push for special rights and further their agenda into Member States. They claim they are only pushing for equal rights, but that is not true! The Lunacek Report tells a different story.

Help us defeat one of the most liberal reports to ever enter the European Parliament..

www.citizengo.org

Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Damien-722411 said:

On 3 February, the European Parliament will vote on the Lunacek Report, officially known as "EU Roadmap against homophobia and discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity."

The Lunacek Report is an attempt by the LGBT lobby to push for special rights and further their agenda into Member States. They claim they are only pushing for equal rights, but that is not true! The Lunacek Report tells a different story.

Help us defeat one of the most liberal reports to ever enter the European Parliament..

http://www.citizengo.org/en/2882-european-parliament-will-vote-roadmap-special-lgbt-rights-lunacekno?sid=MzgzNjQ1MTgxNjk0MDE0

Herpetophobia- Fear of reptiles or creepy, crawly things. Apiphobia- Fear of bees. Monophobia- Fear of solitude or being alone. Heterophobia- Fear of the opposite sex. Homophobia- Fear of sameness, monotony or of homosexuality or of becoming homosexual. Homophobia is for many, normal behavior. We get a case of the willies if we accidentally stumble into a gay bar, for example. By definition, it is merely a phobia, and therefore is not a crime. The Lunacek Report criminalizes normal behavior. Discrimination is another thing entirely of course.
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Homophobia is for many, normal behavior.
In the middle of last century, in Germany, for many, hating Jews (and either tacitly or actively working for their extinction) was normal behavior. Did that make it right?

I think, if we did a better job of Loving our gay sisters and brothers, that they would have less reason to sue for equity.

Responding in a defensive manner fuels distrust and fear; it does not not support the Commandment to Love as God Loves us.

Yours in the Hope and Love of Christ.

Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Garrett-1050915 said: I think, if we did a better job of Loving our gay sisters and brothers, that they would have less reason to sue for equity.

Yes to doing a better job of loving our gay sisters and brothers. Not so sure that the current struggle is about equity so much as it's about who gets to set the terms, who gets to wield power, who gets to enforce social norms.
Even apart from that, 'equity' is elastic -- what about, say, the right to tax-subsidized ("free") hormone treatments to assist teenagers in transitioning genders? I can introduce you to people who very sincerely believe that without this there is no equity.
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Garrett-1050915 said: In the middle of last century, in Germany, for many, hating Jews (and either tacitly or actively working for their extinction) was normal behavior. Did that make it right?

I think, if we did a better job of Loving our gay sisters and brothers, that they would have less reason to sue for equity.

Responding in a defensive manner fuels distrust and fear; it does not not support the Commandment to Love as God Loves us.

Yours in the Hope and Love of Christ.

Garret, a phobia is just that- it is not hatred. Nothing in this country can compare to Nazi Germany. Gays wield enormous political power today, so that's not going to happen. We are all a product of how we are raised, good or bad. I may have a phobia against snakes, but I don't hate them or wish to kill them. You cannot control your fears, and that's all phobias are. You can't criminalize fear. As I pointed out, discrimination is another thing entirely, and that of course is criminal.

I worked for many years with a lady who helped me through a particularly difficult patch. She is a lesbian, and we still remain in contact. She jokingly refers to me as her token conservative friend.

Peace.
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: She jokingly refers to me as her token conservative friend.

I'm not sure I would rely on an EU roadmap on any subject - not even EU roads.
It may not be very charitable, but reading about the report I couldn't help but conceive of the phrase "a raving Lunacek".
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Garret, a phobia is just that- it is not hatred. Nothing in this country can compare to Nazi Germany. Gays wield enormous political power today, so that's not going to happen. 
Pet, I wasn't comparing us to Nazi Germany; I was comparing your logic against gays to that used against Jews. You were trying to suggest that since it is 'normal', that it is okay to fear and take action against a group. I was using hyperbole to show how wrong that could be, taken to an extreme. We are not talking about bugs or reptiles here; we are talking about our sisters and brothers. Fearing them is not The Way.

Jews were portrayed by the Nazis as wielding enormous political power too; it was part of the justification for the confiscation of their goods and lands, before putting their entire families on trains bound for the death camps.

Do you think God is interested in our justifications for our failure to Love as God Loves... or do you think we should just try to do as Jesus did, and eat with those tax collectors and prostitutes, those outcasts of society?
Jan 22nd 2014 new

Garret just quoting you here "Do you think God is interested in our justifications for our failure to Love as God Loves... or do you think we should just try to do as Jesus did, and eat with those tax collectors and prostitutes, those outcasts of society"?

When Jesus eat with tax collectors, prostitutes and those outcasts of society why did he eat with tax collector prostitutes because there where in need of saving to repent of the ways. For any Catholic in general to say that it`s ok or to agree that to live a homosexual lifestyle and to act on it is living in error of the teachings of Christ and his church. To truly Love our Gay sisters & Brothers is to show them the errors of there ways. To live a chaste life in Christ. like we all must before marriage. This Lunacek Report will prevent this for happening on the ground of your just being a homophobe ect ...
homosexually the acts is a grave sin against God and against human dignity.

Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Damien-722411 said:

When Jesus eat with tax collectors, prostitutes and those outcasts of society why did he eat with tax collector prostitutes because there where in need of saving to repent of the ways.

homosexually the acts is a grave sin against God and against human dignity.

Jesus ate with sinners because He Loved them. John 3:17 "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him."

I will always vote against bullying (of any group). I will always vote against any law that would dehumanize people. I will always vote for Love.
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Garrett-1050915 said: I will always vote for Love.
It would seem to follow that people with opposing philosophies must be voting for Hate?
Posts 1 - 10 of 32