Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

new format

Jan 22nd 2014 new
My computer died so I haven't been on CM for a few days. What a change. A couple questions: How do I sign off CM? How do I check which favorites or online?? Really not liking this new set up at all.
Jan 22nd 2014 new
Hi Debbie..

If you want to sign-off.. all the way to the Right in the Blue Menu bar is a small "gear/flower" looking Icon.
> Click on that and at the bottom of the Menu - Click "Sign Out"

You can see which Favorites are Online, by
> Click on the Search Tab, again in the Blue Menu bar, and choose "Favorite Profiles". If someone is Online it will say "Online Now".

Hope that helps. wink
Jan 22nd 2014 new
Thanks for your help.

I don't think it's the CM site. I think it's MY computer. I didn' t have the menu bar up on top and the pages are still showing up goofy. e.i. The posts are not in the boxes on my screen. argh.
Jan 22nd 2014 new
Hi Dave, I have a cry for help myself!! I logged in on my phone earlier today and I cannot log off. The little cog wheel is not even on my phone screen. Is it a formatting problem? Thanks, Suzanne
Jan 22nd 2014 new
THey apparently did something really AWFUL between yesterday and today. I think I am now getting the mobile site, but it is really unusable. Can't we just have a plain, no-frills version of Catholic Match , something along the lines of "just the facts, ma'am?" It's all the fancy nonsense that ultimately makes everything not work well.
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: THey apparently did something really AWFUL between yesterday and today. I think I am now getting the mobile site, but it is really unusable. Can't we just have a plain, no-frills version of Catholic Match , something along the lines of "just the facts, ma'am?" It's all the fancy nonsense that ultimately makes everything not work well.
Thanks Andrew.

I thought my computer was really messed up. And I had just gotten it repaired!

Yes, the fora pages are a hot mess. sigh....
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: THey apparently did something really AWFUL between yesterday and today. I think I am now getting the mobile site, but it is really unusable. Can't we just have a plain, no-frills version of Catholic Match , something along the lines of "just the facts, ma'am?" It's all the fancy nonsense that ultimately makes everything not work well.
Actually we are not using anything fancy. We had to upgrade to Twitter Bootstrap 3.0. In order for users to be able to use the site on the desktop, laptop, tablet and phone we need to have a responsive site which is what we have. Obviously there are some bugs with the upgrade which will be worked out. Here is some info so you can catch up on everything. www.sitepoint.com
Jan 22nd 2014 new
The sign out on the phone is kind of difficult. When I scroll down to hit it it doesn't seem to accept it. Other than that the new format is slick.
Jan 22nd 2014 new
I really like the way it double posts too
Jan 23rd 2014 new
Hi Debbie,

The method to sign out is still the same as it was before this update; select the gear icon in the upper right corner of your screen, then choose "sign out". The favorite's online icon is to the left of the gear icon.

If you're on a mobile device, tablet, or if you have really low screen resolution, you may need to select the blue icon in the upper right corner that shows three horizontal white lines to open your full menu bar and then scroll all the way down to the gear icon & favorite's online star.
Posts 1 - 10 of 20