Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael


Dear friends,

Today was the day, yes that day, the day when in unison with other singletons around the globe I got that question....sighhh

"WHY ARE YOU SINGLE?".....

The offender, I mean inquisitor was my local tradesman (known for 2 years) who was doing a few jobs for me around the house. He seemed genuinely, completely and utterly perplexed as to why I would be single. This is not an advertisement feature by the way, ha ha.

I told told him very simply that "I just am and that's the way it is"

My question is 1. Does this question bother you? 2. How do you respond?



Jan 22nd 2014 new

1- yes it still bothers me (might as well ask if I am broken)

2- these days my responses vary... from sarcastic to not going to answer with any meaningful statement, depending on my mood. there is no right response, and those who do not know me well might not get one

Jan 22nd 2014 new
The question doesn't bother me because no one asks. So I guess that means I really AM that awful! laughing

My boss is the only one who approaches the subject, and I love his theories because they really are lovely compliments. My mom thinks no one asks because they don't want to be rude or appear as if they are meddling. I personally think no one asks because they don't inquire about my marital status in the first place.
Jan 22nd 2014 new
Agree w/Margaret that fortunately for me that question has not ever been brought up ... however, when i brought up the fact that i was on CM site, the comment that has me perplex and still am, "why do you want to get married and your in heaven" ... i am still trying to put things in perspective and contemplating the idea of marriage in my life ...


Jan 22nd 2014 new
i'm still single cuz i don't have any pics on my profile tongue
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-979164 said:
Dear friends,

Today was the day, yes that day, the day when in unison with other singletons around the globe I got that question....sighhh

"WHY ARE YOU SINGLE?".....

The offender, I mean inquisitor was my local tradesman (known for 2 years) who was doing a few jobs for me around the house. He seemed genuinely, completely and utterly perplexed as to why I would be single. This is not an advertisement feature by the way, ha ha.

I told told him very simply that "I just am and that's the way it is"

My question is 1. Does this question bother you? 2. How do you respond?



Well I got a kick out of your humour, that's for sure! But generally when I'm asked that, they always give me positive feedback, but I don't want to mention what it is cause I don't want to be judged, haha laughing

But sometimes I've used a comeback line like, guess I'm just one of the lucky ones, lol. Or to really catch them off guard and watch them get scared I've said to them, because you haven't proposed, that one always is fun to watch their face eyepopping or you could just tell them because you keep on turning down proposals...... scratchchin

don't worry, be happy!
Sharon
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Charley-998972 said: i'm still single cuz i don't have any pics on my profile
You mean it's all a matter of scrapbook photos? With the number of vanity shots in my profile I should have been snatched up eons ago! laughing
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Charley-998972 said: i'm still single cuz i don't have any pics on my profile
Charley, Charley Charley! what are we going to do with you? scratchchin
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: don't worry, be happy!
Sharon
love that song by Bob Marley, "Don't Worry, Be Happy" hug biggrin lovestruck!
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: love that song by Bob Marley, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
Genie....your always so bubbly and positive!!!! especially with your little emotes!

don't worry genie....be happy wave
Posts 1 - 10 of 79