Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

For me it definitely is, it's perhaps even more awkward then approaching a random person in life because it takes a certain degree of trust through the Internet, you know to actually think they are who they are and ect....

What's your take on this?
Jan 23 new
Just send a Emoticon that say's "Hi" to see if the person will respond. If they do, you can go from there with small talk and build on that.
Jan 23 new
Not a bad idea, but still kind of awkward lol. I just tend to over think and analyze things though.
Jan 23 new
(quote) Jose-1011376 said: Not a bad idea, but still kind of awkward lol. I just tend to over think and analyze things though.
In the time you spend overthinking you could just send the message and see what happens. If nothing, well, on to the next!
My sense of it is that it's better to write at least one coherent sentence rather than to send an emoticon only. If only to show that you can. A question about something that interests you in her profile, perhaps.
Jan 23 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said:
My sense of it is that it's better to write at least one coherent sentence rather than to send an emoticon only. If only to show that you can. 
I agree with Paul. Non paying members can only send emotes.
Jan 23 new
I understand what you are saying but from a female perspective I say please go ahead and take the plunge and send a personal message no matter how difficult. Some women might be traditional and prefer the man to make the first step and you may be missing out on a great connection. The worst that could happen is that they don't respond and then you know they are not for you if that happens.

Sometimes those emotigrams can go on and on and on and on.

Jan 23 new
it is soo peachy to send a small msg ... for me it is like talking to the wall, hand, or to myself ... no reply is fine, let them know that i do think of them and hope all is well on their end of the world ... sharing is caring ... it would nice if it isn't similar as siri, but most of the time she is even baffled and speechless ... so we, human, are no different ... CM is so different of a world and i'm totally amazed compared to those who i interact daily ... it is like day and night .... biggrin hug
Jan 23 new
(quote) Jose-1011376 said: For me it definitely is, it's perhaps even more awkward then approaching a random person in life because it takes a certain degree of trust through the Internet, you know to actually think they are who they are and ect....

What's your take on this?

Jose,

"Just do it" (as the Nike slogan suggests)

Better yet>>>."Nothing ventured....nothing gained"

Jan 25 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said:

It can be awkward for all of us, but if you don't say anything whoever she is you are interested in won't know are interested. Take the risk to send a message/emotogram and just see where that goes. To be fair, if someone sends you one, respond!

Can't think of anything to say? Of course you can, tell her what you like about her profile.Think you will sound silly, who cares.
Jan 25 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Jose,

Or: "Faint heart never won fair lady" and "Fortune favours the bold".
Posts 1 - 10 of 33