Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

I have been on here for a few months and similar to other people, it seems like people look at your profile but then there's no contact.

I guess I chalked up lack of contact with others to my widowed status. Any body have any similar experience or thoughts?
Jan 24th 2014 new
(quote) Diana-1005014 said: I have been on here for a few months and similar to other people, it seems like people look at your profile but then there's no contact.

I guess I chalked up lack of contact with others to my widowed status. Any body have any similar experience or thoughts?
I don't believe it. I think there's a general perception that divorce MAY be a warning flag, but how could one read any into widowhood?
Jan 24th 2014 new
Ha, so I should read the writing on the wall that it's just ME that they are not into and the status doesn't scare them.

I have to admit that a couple of people have told me that they felt bad and some other stuff....and that it was a curious thing to be widowed at my age.
Jan 24th 2014 new
(quote) Diana-1005014 said: Ha, so I should read the writing on the wall that it's just ME that they are not into and the status doesn't scare them.

I have to admit that a couple of people have told me that they felt bad and some other stuff....and that it was a curious thing to be widowed at my age.
If people let a conversation or connection lapse into the void, then yes, you, or I, or anyone, has little choice but to read that as "I guess he/she just isn't that into me". When people are interested, they find ways of letting you know. There's nothing fair about it. As a law school prof of mine once said "That's why they call it justice -- 'just is'". :)
Jan 24th 2014 new
Completely agree with you. Where there's a will there's a way.

I love what you said about "justice", just is. I'm gonna have to remember that.
Jan 24th 2014 new
(quote) Diana-1005014 said: Ha, so I should read the writing on the wall that it's just ME ....
Perhaps you'll meet a nice man named Daniel who'll tell you it might be a bit early to think MEne, a bit late to be concerned about Medes and Persians (or, at least, about Medes), and that any tekelite who chooses from remote distance to weigh you and find you wanting are being a few ounces short of a loaf. Or sump'n like that.
Jan 24th 2014 new
huh?

i didn't quite understand the first part of your post.
Jan 24th 2014 new
From a widow, Hi, Diana!

When I first came to CM and I read widowers' profiles, I noticed that many gentlemen have alluded to the loss of their spouse in a soft and respectful way...and tell the approximate length of time....... So, I have done the same on my profile...Just an idea...IF you are getting that "weird to be a widow" at your age thing.....you might want to do that...might help???? up to you....if you are at ease with that...

I DO think that prospective suitors may think we widowed, male and female, will never REALLY love again after such loss.
In other words, a gentleman may think he will not be recipient of 100% of your love...50% might be ALL they could even hope for...and it might be even less....if he cannot match your former love.... BUT, with believers who know Christ intimately...they can then re- think....like this:......

If God IS love, and He loved us to die for us...and WE are recipients of that ABUNDANT love...why would we "run out"...but if your source is limited...if it is meted out...and you only have "this much"...well, you just might go empty...BUT if you are linked to the Son of God...it would be endless supply....sourced from Him....right? So loving again, and a new love....of course! hearts are expandable...they don't have to SHRINK! wide eyed

GOOD NEWS!! wave

Welcome!....and you get out there into the forums, Diana...and don't avoid the Single Living "room. When I first joined CM I didn't think I could post there...because I was a widow...maybe I'd bring them "down" and I was not feeling like a really brave"single"....but it is a welcoming Forum...and the ages are very diverse!

Join in, and welcome to the club! biggrin

Barbara

Jan 24th 2014 new
(quote) Diana-1005014 said: huh?

i didn't quite understand the first part of your post.
Roystan is being literary - quoting "mene mene tekel upharsin" from Daniel 5:25 - the great passage about 'the writing on the wall', since you used that expression.

Jan 24th 2014 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: I DO think that prospective suitors may think we widowed, male and female, will never REALLY love again after such loss.

Now that's interesting - that possibility had not occurred to me, it's plausible. However, I'll stick to my guns - if someone is interested in you they'll suspend any doubts about your ability to love again and hope that it won't be too much of a problem. Or (better still) they'll ask you frankly "do you think the memory of your spouse will be a barrier to you in forming a new love?". If, on the other hand, they just disappear, then.....they weren't interested enough. Just is.
Posts 1 - 10 of 143