Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 24th 2014 new
Barbara, I read profiles...but I often forget what's written in them all too soon (short-term memory challenge thingie). Doesn't mean I don't care to know things about a person. Far from it! I'm thinking ahead to CM Tucson, with trying to recall things about 10-15+ people... shocked Scary.
Jan 24th 2014 new
Webbing works! (crib sheet)
Jan 24th 2014 new
how about this?
Lina-wisewit/wonderfulwords/wantswork

Jan 24th 2014 new
That they answer my correspondence!!
Jan 24th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: but I often forget what's written in them all too soon (short-term memory challenge thingie). with trying to recall things about 10-15+ people... Scary.
scary shocked as soon as i wake up in the morn.... cheat sheet that is why we have tech the computer less stress and anxiety unless their out of control or not function to our needs... have fun crossfingers smile think of things to entertain at nite on down time ...

don't worry about short memory .... be a HS senior they have senior moments all the time laughing laughing laughing
Jan 24th 2014 new
Well, when I first read this I read "potential mate," and those standards are pretty high. For a date, I would settle for "nil obstat," nothing objectionable, ie, a practicing Catholic, free to marry in the Church, and agreeing to 7 precepts of the Church. Now that I think about it, that's pretty high, but I would be open on likes/dislikes, interests, job, etc. I think I might not get far if I won't even consider a date unless they meet some sort of image of perfection that probably no one can live up to.
Jan 24th 2014 new
What would I settle for? Small agreements. Such as we agree to correspond with each other
Then we agree it is ok to ask questions to obtain additional information about each
other or to clarify something. We agree to call each other.
To eventually agree to see each other, even if it meant distance travel. I visit you and
while with you, get to see you area and vise versa.

All small steps that get us closer to each other. At some point we decide if we want to be
a couple or not (courting).

Jan 24th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Barbara, I read profiles...but I often forget what's written in them all too soon (short-term memory challenge thingie). Doesn't mean I don't care to know things about a person. Far from it! I'm thinking ahead to CM Tucson, with trying to recall things about 10-15+ people... Scary.
No worries, it's simple. We are all kind, compassionate, witty, faithful (both senses), sober, loyal and fun-loving, with no baggage to speak of. We love nothing so much (this side Jordan) as the feel of sand between our toes and long walks in the rain (atchoo!). We are equally comfortable dressed for a night on the town or hanging around in jeans and sweatshirts. We get to the gym 4.7 times weekly and are proud to vote Demopublican or Republicrat [adapt as necessary for Canadian use]. See? Easy-breezy!
Jan 25th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-999453 said: What would I settle for? Small agreements. Such as we agree to correspond with each other
Then we agree it is ok to ask questions to obtain additional information about each
other or to clarify something. We agree to call each other.
To eventually agree to see each other, even if it meant distance travel. I visit you and
while with you, get to see you area and vise versa.

All small steps that get us closer to each other. At some point we decide if we want to be
a couple or not (courting).

ummmm .... scratchchin crossfingers do you by any chance maybe need a mediator or referee for the big agreements that you have yet to encounter or might .... just curious ...

you only mentiion the small agreements ... that would be civil ..

I am just going to take my gavel out and wait for your response ... since i have not use it at the moment in my tenure and there comes a time it will be handy i suppose ... do love watching judge judy or them judges .... smile wink
Jan 25th 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: ummmm .... do you by any chance maybe need a mediator or for the big agreements that you have yet to encounter or might .... just curious ...

If you need counselling before the first date, it's not a match....:)
Posts 31 - 40 of 55