Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I'm biting my tongue (or should I say keyboard?) Please read before commenting.

tinyurl.com
Jan 25th 2014 new
I pray that this hits the main stream media. Praying rosary theheart
Jan 25th 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I pray that this hits the main stream media.
Not much chance of that happening, Elizabeth. Alternative and foreign sources mainly, although the self imposed censorship in the MSM is beginning to ease up a bit. The term 'anti-Semite' is still used as a weapon to keep the media and Congress in line. Just ask former Senator Percy.
Jan 28th 2014 new
Unfortunately, the article is vague on what seems to be the main issue. On the one hand, you have "high-ranking Israeli security experts from the Council for Peace and Security" saying that the planned placement of the wall doesn't, in fact, serve Israel's security needs, and you have the Israeli Ministry of Defence saying the opposite - while the evidence for either side of the case is not provided. So it's impossible for the reader to evaluate which of these two positions is correct. I find this to be a chronic problem with reporting on the Arab-Israeli conflict.

Jan 31st 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: I'm biting my tongue (or should I say keyboard?) Please read before commenting.

http://tinyurl.com/lf32oet

It is such a mess in Israel. I don't understand why it behooves the Israelis to
split the land. Why can't they just build the wall outside of the catholic land,
not in the center.

There are so many problems in that region. That is the seat of civilization
so, we, as Americans, are more fortunate to occupy land far away from those
conflicts.

Jan 31st 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

split the land. Why can't they just build the wall outside of the catholic land,
not in the center.

conflicts.

You ask a good question, Marianne. Unfortunately, that article doesn't give us the information necessary to answer it one way or the other.
Jan 31st 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

not in the center.

conflicts.

There's been antichristian leanings in the government and a move toward orthadoxy in the recent years. All those who join the millitary must subcrib to the othodox jewish docterine for example not the prevelent mainstream brand of jewish worship like we have in the states. This doesn't get much attention but I've read a few articles on it were younger Israel citizens were fighting this becasue they believe it infringed on their right to worship as they believe. I'm not sure why part of the government is antichristian. It's not likes it's the christians who are causing problems or blowing things up most just want to live in peace. I think there's a millitant group in the government that's pushing all other religious groups out. Just my theory. Big mistake on their part as the christians have been sort of a buffer group between the muslems and the jewish people. Now the christians are getting persecuted on both sides. I think with see a mass exodis of christians at some point and I wouldn't blame them who wants to live under constant threat of being kicked out on one side and death from the other. :-(
Feb 1st 2014 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: There's been antichristian leanings in the government and a move toward orthadoxy in the recent years. All those who join the millitary must subcrib to the othodox jewish docterine for example not the prevelent mainstream brand of jewish worship like we have in the states. This doesn't get much attention but I've read a few articles on it were younger Israel citizens were fighting this becasue they believe it infringed on their right to worship as they believe. I'm not sure why part of the government is antichristian. It's not likes it's the christians who are causing problems or blowing things up most just want to live in peace. I think there's a millitant group in the government that's pushing all other religious groups out. Just my theory. Big mistake on their part as the christians have been sort of a buffer group between the muslems and the jewish people. Now the christians are getting persecuted on both sides. I think with see a mass exodis of christians at some point and I wouldn't blame them who wants to live under constant threat of being kicked out on one side and death from the other. :-(
Not expert on this, but I think there are a few things at work here....
First, the Zionist narrative (I am not using that term in a hostile sense; every nation has its 'mythos') holds that Israel is necessary because of the persecution of Jews both in Europe and in the Muslim world. Since Europe is (OK, was) historically Christian, the narrative stresses the persecution of Jews by Christians in Europe, along with the persecution of Jews by Muslims in the Muslim world.
The zany-Orthodox sects have disproportionate (though far from total) power in part because Israel's proportional-representation voting system gives the smaller parties (including Orthodox parties) too much power. In other words, if the big parties find themselves short of a majority, they have to go begging for the support of the smaller parties. Sensing their value as 'kingmakers', the small parties give their support, but at a price in terms of getting some of their demands met even though the majority of Israelis resent this. Also, the more moderate and secular liberal Jews aren't having large families; the Orthodox, who oppose contraception, are having large families, and so their influence is growing year by year. Demographics, as they say, is destiny.
Despite all this I do think it's a gross exaggeration to speak of Christians being 'persecuted' in Israel. Some Christians have identified with the Palestinian nationalist cause, and if there's hostility towards them it is probably first and foremost on that basis.
Feb 1st 2014 new
The temple mount divided?- sounds like more prophecy being fulfilled right before eyes. What an exciting time to be a Christian. He's coming. Are you ready for his being?
Feb 1st 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: You ask a good question, Marianne. Unfortunately, that article doesn't give us the information necessary to answer it one way or the other.
Paul, there is much information available on the conflict, but you will not find it in the American MSM. Most of our news regarding that corner of the globe is 'sanitized' for out protection. Ironically, Israeli news sources are far more open and candid than our own: Haaretz http://www.haaretz.com for one.
Posts 1 - 10 of 15