Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 27th 2014 new
yup they have a field day and so do i scratchchin laughing laughing laughing
Jan 27th 2014 new
Sorry hit send before I finished writing LOL....

Just putting it out there, as I'm not sure whether to open my mouth and tell friends and family that I'm getting out of my comfort zone and have joined Catholic Match. Smile.
Jan 27th 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: yup they have a field day and so do i
LOL I bet they do...big smile..
Jan 27th 2014 new
Yes but not at first! I was embarassed and hid it from my daughters but now, they are ok with it. My friends are supportive and just encourage me to be careful.
Jan 27th 2014 new
Yes, I have. My two closest male friends both met their loves online -- Walt married Lisa last year, Ron just proposed to (and was accepted by) Jocelyn this last week. So it does happen! That said, the sites used (eHarmony and OKCupid respectively) see huge traffic. And neither of them is at all religious, so that wasn't a consideration.
In November I was having tea with a woman I met online who had not told her parents she was involved in online dating, in order to spare them worry. Ar that moment her mother called and in the course of their not-overlong conversation my date told her "I just have a couple of friends over now". At the risk of asking a really dumb question, would you have seen that as a major warning flag? An on-the-spot dealbreaker?
Jan 27th 2014 new
With the exception of one LONG time friend, she's like a mom, negative ghost rider...that pattern is CLOSED. laughing
Jan 27th 2014 new
don't worry about not finishing the sentence ... they are keeping me under the corral throwing away the key, just in case .... laughing laughing laughing
Jan 27th 2014 new
Sorry, I was writing in haste and my grammar sufferred - I meant that my friends are not religious, not that the sites are not religious (though that's true enough, too). So the high-traffic sites they used were more efficient for their purpose.
Jan 27th 2014 new

Only the handful of people who accept things as they are: my real confidantes.

The rest of my family can be pretty judgmental (esp. about things they are ignorant on) so I keep my mouth shut a lot.

Posts 1 - 10 of 32