Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Neanderthal Genes Live On In Our Hair And Skin~

tinyurl.com
Jan 30th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Neanderthal Genes Live On In Our Hair And Skin~
http://tinyurl.com/lapjz69
and if you believe in that....I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you or the readers highfive
Jan 30th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: and if you believe in that....I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you or the readers
Sharon, bearing in mind the Vatican sees no conflict between science and our Catholic faith (unlike Christian fundamentalists), why would increasing knowledge of our ancient ancestors be a problem for you?

Peace,
Pete
Jan 30th 2014 new
Yikes!!shocked! Peter. You are an exact clone.
Jan 30th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Sharon, bearing in mind the Vatican sees no conflict between science and our Catholic faith (unlike Christian fundamentalists), why would increasing knowledge of our ancient ancestors be a problem for you?

Peace,
Pete
I think this is going to be a problem if certain undesirable fringe groups get into it....
Jan 30th 2014 new
Where?

en.wikipedia.org
Jan 30th 2014 new
(quote) John-842063 said: I think this is going to be a problem if certain undesirable fringe groups get into it....
I'm sure they will make themselves known soon. scratchchin
Jan 30th 2014 new
So you're a Neanderthal?! What's the problem?! wink laughing laughing
Jan 30th 2014 new
(quote) Debbie-168656 said: So you're a Neanderthal?! What's the problem?!
Maybe it is just Neanderthalish.:)
Jan 30th 2014 new
Do scientific discoveries concerning humans need to be reconciled with the literal truth of the Genesis story?

Did the Neanderthals have souls? Humans were created to have dominion over the Earth. Were Neanderthals part of this commissioning? If they did not have souls, this is early evidence of humans having sex with animals. Could God have been pleased? If animal DNA has been passed down to us from soulless Neanderthals, does this mean our flesh is irretrievably contaminated from the moment of conception? Were Neanderthals in Abraham's history? If they were, were their genes, too, in Jesus, or was an exception made for him as sinlessness was the exception made for his mother? Did the genes skip his mother?

If Neanderthals had souls, why did they become extinct? Your soul is evidence that God loves you. Otherwise, you'd be a dog or a cat, each personally loved in fact and in theology by St Francis of Assisi and therefore proved to be each personally loved by God too, but not in the same way of being loved as princes and princesses of the kingdom and natural heirs to eternal bliss. Like a homo sapiens, a Neanderthal who has a soul is also a prince or princess of the kingdom. Why aren't they sharing dominion over the earth with the human species of today?

All things that could be considered while flossing and checking your gums in the mirror ....

Posts 1 - 10 of 65