Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

... is still messed up. Just doesn't want to go away. Doesn't matter what is clicked (monitor above the notification, message or emotigram, or closing the notification). CM code keeps displaying, and displaying, and displaying.
Jan 30th 2014 new
Bob - I remember you mentioning you have a T-Mobile Springboard tablet.
That tablet shipped with Android version 3.2 - but T-Mobile has an update for it that will bring it up to Android version 4.03 it seems.

You may very well have already updated to the most recent available version from T-Mobile, but it would be helpful to know if you have or not.

As I am not having as many problems on my android phone and tablet, my guess is that it may be more with the particular browser on your device more than anything else. Without having the actual device to test - it does make it hard to help troubleshoot - but as mentioned in an earlier thread - I always enjoy the challenge.

What would help the most is to download and try either the Firefox browser for Android or the Chrome Browser for Android:
Firefox ~ play.google.com
Google Chrome ~ play.google.com
Downloading either of the above two apps will greatly help in the troubleshooting process.
It would be helpful to know if you are experiencing the same problems in one of the above listed browsers other than the one you are currently using.

I give you credit for trudging along - I know you've been having more than your fair share of interface problems here on CM.

Jan 30th 2014 new
Another thing that would be good to know. Are you accessing it via g3/g4 cell access or WiFi access on the tablet. It would also be good to know if you have the same problems using both cell g3/g4 cell access and WiFi access.

Jan 30th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Another thing that would be good to know. Are you accessing it via g3/g4 cell access or WiFi access on the tablet. It would also be good to know if you have the same problems using both cell g3/g4 cell access and WiFi access.

WiFi. T-Mobile no longer supports SpringBoard. I'm still coping w/ it, watching the "red number" on the "monitor".

This problem became much worse w/ the recent CM redesign.
Jan 30th 2014 new

Hey, Bob,

The message I got from CM customer support was if you are accessing CM on an unsupported device, you are outta luck.

Functionality will be hit or miss. Can't you just feel the love?

Jan 30th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Hey, Bob,

The message I got from CM customer support was if you are accessing CM on an unsupported device, you are outta luck.

I'll manage. Thank you Kathy.
Jan 30th 2014 new
Bob - although T-Mobile does not support the Springboard anymore, there was an update to it that is available on your device via WiFi if you have not upgraded it to Android version 4.03.
The following link from their support describes how to perform the update on your device if you have not. support.t-mobile.com
Also keep in mind that although the stock browser on the device may no longer do what you need it to do, as mentioned earlier, there is a good chance that a more recent version of Firefox and/or Chrome on your device may make your problems disappear.

Feb 1st 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Bob - although T-Mobile does not support the Springboard anymore, there was an update to it that is available on your device via WiFi if you have not upgraded it to Android version 4.03.
The following link from their support describes how to perform the update on your device if you have not. http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4310
Also keep in mind that although the stock browser on the device may no longer do what you need it to do, as mentioned earlier, there is a good chance that a more recent version of Firefox and/or Chrome on your device may make your problems disappear.

I've got some important other "fires" I'm trying to correct, but will try to upgrade the SpringBoard System. Thank you - Bob.
Feb 1st 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Hey, Bob,

What would you have us do Kathy? Companies like Microsoft, Google, Apple, Facebook and more do not forever support all browsers on all devices. We have three programmers they have an army of them.
Feb 1st 2014 new

Hi, Brian,

Thanks for asking. I think it is highly important for you to treat your customer's concerns with respect. Instead of dismissing our issues or deleting our posts as inappropriate, I find it makes for a happier client if you hear them out. If nothing can be done, an apology is most appreciated. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Most of us don't really care. You are selling a service, we pay the price for it to work.

I'll admit I still have sore feelings from the last overhaul where none of my frustrations with this site were given the time of day. It took me a while to come back because I was giving you time to fix things. I seriously do not try to be a thorn in your side. I am not an ornery person. Technical difficulties bring out the worst in me, mostly because I don't understand them or know how to fix them. I access hundreds of other sites without a problem, and I don't know how many programmers they have if any, so I expect this one to work as well. You have a nice site here as far as options and such, but when things work great one day and then not at all the next, it is upsetting.

I have worked in a corporate office for 34 years. I appreciate the challenges you face as a business and the need to stay proactive. I would never dismiss a client's concerns because he was one person, not worth my time or had an opinion different than my own.

Posts 1 - 10 of 24