Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I just read the following post (I modified) from the Under 45 Category and loved it. Posted by Francis, Cleveland, OH. This is the first time I have wondered that way. It may be over simplified and I am sure this rehashes many other threads similiar or just like. Also, is there any one on this site not looking to meet someone? Just hanging out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read many posts in this thread and the common trend here is an overwhelming feeling and belief of many that its someone or something preventing you from finding a match.

My advice is change the rules of the game.

For men if your interested in a girl tell her. I mean really tell her convey your thoughts with elegance and poise. If your talking to a girl actually ask her out the worst she can say is no but you might be surprised by her.

For woman if your interested in a guy and he is not noticing you tell him your interested. I know women here seem to have this desire to be the one being sought after but there are many factors to why a guy may not be doing it. He may feel the distance is too great your out of his league, he is too old or too young for you, or any number of factors. That is why I encourage you to tell him.

For the ladies don't be afraid to make the first move whether its in sending a message or asking for a date

I personally have had an experience where a CMer messaged me first (I would have never thought originally she was interested in getting to know me had she not let me know) In our case I probably would have thought I was a bit too old for her being that I am almost 30 and she just turned 23. Yet I have developed a very nice friendship with her and I am open to God's will as to what he holds for us.

For both and woman. If you have been talking to a person and you are interested in them ask them out. After all what do you have to loose.

My personal New Years Resolution was to man up and ask out the above mentioned lady. I did so the other day.. I encourage my fellow CMers to do the same.

We all have the power to let go of the past, put our best foot forward and be positive in thinking that you will succeed in finding a person to spend your life with. Complaining is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but you get nowhere.

Many blessings and remember what FDR said "Whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right".

Jan 30 new
I have not seen this post by Francis - but he is so RIGHT!

Many ladies refuse to make the first move (emote or message) - I'm not sure if they realize they do NOT show up in the search results of every man THEY may find interesting. If the gal isn't willing to say hello first, the gent may never know she exists. What a wasted opportunity, huh? Once the initial contact is made - many women prefer to back off and let the man take the lead in the budding relationship (friendship or more in time.) That allows the gent to pursue and the lady to be pursued.

Feb 14 new
At what point do you say you're interested, however? In the first message, or later?
Feb 15 new
You don't have to explicitly say, "I'm interested in you". (Frankly, that's a little creepy. wide eyed)

Just say something like, "Judging by your profile, we have some things in common." Then ASK HER A QUESTION. You need to give her a reason to respond.
Feb 15 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: You don't have to explicitly say, "I'm interested in you". (Frankly, that's a little creepy. )

Just say something like, "Judging by your profile, we have some things in common." Then ASK HER A QUESTION. You need to give her a reason to respond.
My friend once said that the best way to get a response is to ask a question-- any question. Over the years, I have found that to be true.
Feb 15 new
ashamed To answer yours, no, I'm afraid I haven't had time to get beyond the first two chapters.
Feb 15 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: To answer yours, no, I'm afraid I haven't had time to get beyond the first two chapters.
distance seems to be the problem. There are planes, trains, greyhound buses, and cars though so there really isn't a way meet if you really want to meet someone you think you are compatible with. wave
Feb 15 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: distance seems to be the problem. There are planes, trains, greyhound buses, and cars though so there really isn't a way meet if you really want to meet someone you think you are compatible with.
hey marge, didn't mean to repost under yours.
Feb 15 new
Depends. One nice CM man came to the airport to meet me during a 4-hour layover once.

IMHO, a lot of it boils down to, how badly do you want it?
Feb 16 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: distance seems to be the problem.  
Posts 1 - 10 of 10