Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I have accumulated a large amount of broken rosaries, medals, those little New Testaments that kids get in grade school and lots and lots of "free gifts" from various missions and organizations hoping for a contribution. Some of these are blessed so they can't just be dumped in the garbage.

Does anyone know of a mission or some other place that would like to have these items?

Jan 30th 2014 new
Besides burying them, I think that you might bring them to your parish office. In ours, anyway, people would bring in things like that quite often, and the receptionist would put them out for visitors to help themselves to them.
Jan 30th 2014 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said:

I have accumulated a large amount of broken rosaries, medals, those little New Testaments that kids get in grade school and lots and lots of "free gifts" from various missions and organizations hoping for a contribution. Some of these are blessed so they can't just be dumped in the garbage.

Does anyone know of a mission or some other place that would like to have these items?

Hello Karen,

I looked up a site for you in donating those items, click on link below.

randallrosaries.tripod.com

blessings,
Sharon

Jan 30th 2014 new
we have a local inner city church where people put out stuff like that and people help themselves.
Jan 31st 2014 new
You may want to donate them to the children's religious program in your church. Our church is small but the kids do some crafty things especially around First Holy Communion. Just a thought.
Jan 31st 2014 new
As Eileen does, I give them to my parish's Director of Religious Education who distributes them to the kids in our school. Extra rosaries are given to a member of our Knights of Columbus council who visits the sick and elderly in hospitals and nursing homes.

Good topic. theheart
Jan 31st 2014 new

Karen

The organization "United Living Rosary Association" or http://www.ULRA.org will take any medals, Catholic books and holy cards. They do request you mail them to them, then they send them to areas in the world such as Africa, the Ukraine and other places where they can be used by priests and catechists who otherwise do not have access to them. Their address is on their website-I am sorry I do not have a "link" set as I am not that computer savvy-God Bless you!

Posts 1 - 7 of 7