Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I sent a few messages a long, long time ago to a particular member but never heard back. Then I found the member again but when I tried to send something it didn't work. Was I blocked or is this something new?

Wait for Response: Too many messages to a particular member without a response can be intimidating. You will need to wait for a response before you can contact this member again.

Jan 31st 2014 new
Josh, there is a maximum number of messages that you can send when you have not gotten a response back from a CM member. If the person does not respond to (5 messages in a row I believe - regardless of time frame) then you would be automatically blocked from sending ANY additional messages and or emotigrams until one of the original ones was responded to. The number might not be 5 - but yes there is a limit.
Feb 1st 2014 new
(quote) Josh-196444 said: I sent a few messages a long, long time ago to a particular member but never heard back. Then I found the member again but when I tried to send something it didn't work. Was I blocked or is this something new?

Wait for Response: Too many messages to a particular member without a response can be intimidating. You will need to wait for a response before you can contact this member again.

I try no more then three times in a row then let it go. Three for me is plenty.
More often then not I will send a message or emotion gram once and only once.
If no response will not send another.
But there have been times when time had passed and saw this persons profile again
then I may send another message or emtiongram. .
One lady was so kind to let me know she was already seeing some one closer to her home.
I thank her for the information and moved on.
Their could be numerous reasons for not responding, so I do not give it much thought. and just
move on.
God Bless You

Feb 1st 2014 new
Since I already responded in the Mens Forum, i won't duplicate my response here. biggrin
Posts 1 - 4 of 4