Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I like chocolate cake!

Jan 31st 2014 new
I can't seem to find plain old 'chocolate cake' in the favorites. They have a listing for 'flourless chocolate cake' but I don't want that. I have tried to type it in as a unique entry but it just keeps deleting it. Any suggestions? I know that this really isn't that important, but I just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!
Jan 31st 2014 new
The following is from the developer/programmer/staff member here at CM in response to the post linked to below. Hopefully it explains why your version of "chocolate cake" keeps being removed/changed.

www.catholicmatch.com
From Nathan:
"...Items in the Favorite Things are cross-referenced with other members' entries, and they have to be exact. As of today, there are about 20,000 unique Favorite Things, and keeping this list clean and duplicate free is a difficult task for the reviewers.

In other words, the reviewers have the (quite subjective, I'll admit) job of deciding whether:

Monty Python
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Monty Python's Meaning of Life
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
etc etc etc

all deserve their own entry or not. In this case, I'd probably agree with you - they probably do deserve some specificity. I mean, Life of Brian was meh, but Holy Grail? Golden. So I'll drop a line to the reviewers to allow a little broader in this case.

But in general, most of the changes are because it would be self-defeating for the system to allow "Dr. Who" and "Doctor Who", and not programattically know that they are the same thing. And that the former is always wrong."

Jan 31st 2014 new
(quote) Christine-924384 said: I can't seem to find plain old 'chocolate cake' in the favorites. They have a listing for 'flourless chocolate cake' but I don't want that. I have tried to type it in as a unique entry but it just keeps deleting it. Any suggestions? I know that this really isn't that important, but I just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!
With consideration given to the information Dave posted, I think it would make the most sense in this case to have generic chocolate cake as an option and change those using flourless to the generic.

Jan 31st 2014 new

Thanks Dave for the info.

And thank you Jerry, I agree! I think that makes the most sense. Seemed sort of odd to me that I had to choose 'flourless' or nothing at all. I was a little intrigued by the flourless cake late last night so I looked it up. There were some raving recipe reviews so maybe I will have to try something new!

Jan 31st 2014 new
(quote) Christine-924384 said:

Thanks Dave for the info.

And thank you Jerry, I agree! I think that makes the most sense. Seemed sort of odd to me that I had to choose 'flourless' or nothing at all. I was a little intrigued by the flourless cake late last night so I looked it up. There were some raving recipe reviews so maybe I will have to try something new!

Did you know that this past Monday was National Chocolate Cake Day?
Feb 2nd 2014 new
Thanks Zoom, I did not know that! I should partake of some cake in belated honor of the day, I will send you a piece wave
Posts 1 - 6 of 6