Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Keeping the Peace

Feb 1st 2014 new

How do you find peace day to day? Does it come from prayer, service or a particular accomplishment? Do you recognize it when you are gripped in its grace? Do you keep it to yourself, wrapped in a glow that defies understanding, or do you share it in a smile, a gesture or deed?

I worked late on Friday and it wasn't something I wanted to do. I was tired and wanted to go home where many other things needed my attention, too. But, I stayed and resigned myself to finishing what had to get done and now I am ready for Monday morning. Driving home, I felt peace. It was a far different feeling than what I had felt at 4pm! It is with me today and having it makes the household chores enjoyable.

What brought you peace this week and how did it matter?

Feb 1st 2014 new
What a lovely thought! Sometimes it is nature - a bird hopping on the lawn or two squirrels climbing a tree, sometimes it is a phone call from family or friend, sometimes it is a picture from my collection on the laptop as a screen saver - its a lot of little things that bring me joy and calm. Today it was just the fact that I could lay awake early in the morning and not rush for work or anything, just ponder things. Thank you for making me reflect on how much I have enjoyed the day.
Feb 2nd 2014 new

Greetings all

There is an old saying. "LET GO AND LET GOD". I believe that when we just go with the flow without conflict things just fall into place and a feeling of aura is evident.

It is more of a diciplined up-bringing coupled with our own spiritual beliefs that align us with the stars.

That feeling propells us to a higher plain and we have peace of mind and soul..

Life is good and was made for us, so grab hold and enjoy the ride

God love to all

Philip

Feb 2nd 2014 new
Thank you, Nancy and welcome to the fora. God has an amazing ability to surround us in beauty and joy. I especially love hearing the call of the loon or watching a bluebird rest on our volleyball net. It's all those little things that bring so much peace and gratitude into our days. I'm glad you had an opportunity to sleep in. That can be such a welcome blessing!
Feb 2nd 2014 new
Very true, Philip. At what stage did that finally make sense for you?
Feb 2nd 2014 new

I am still working on it

Philip

Feb 2nd 2014 new
When I am "plugged in" to God, I find myself filled with peace and joy and I have plenty to share. I try to do the right thing, work as hard as I can- and detach from the outcome. This is often linked to acknowledging my limitations. As a single parent, I can't keep everyone clean and well fed, get the bills paid and keep house like Martha Stewart. (Sorry to burst the bubble.) My kids are healthy and happy, even if I still haven't gotten my Christmas tree down yet. Maybe they'll hang valentine's decorations on it. heart I LUV U valentine heartbeat cupid

Feb 2nd 2014 new

A healthy hike this Sunday as the sun rises over the blue Pacific....at a ledge looking over Makapu'u Lighthouse, there in all it's serenity was the peace of the ocean waves crashing gently against the rugged cliffs and tide pools.. Just beyond was a pod of dolphins heading southwards for warmer climate......20 minutes later and near the horizon a humpback whale in migration was breaching in all it's glory.

Witnessing that 3 second moment swept an incredible peace I have not had for such a long time.......

Our God is an Awesome God!

Rose

Feb 2nd 2014 new

And I was hoping to learn your secret!

Feb 2nd 2014 new
Thank you, Rose, for that lovely description! I can see it all. I am wondering though, what ocean you have in Wisconsin?
Posts 1 - 10 of 30