Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

What Women Want

Feb 2nd 2014 new
Hello everyone just want to see what you opinions are on this, what do you women want us men to know about you, and what areas of talk do you wish to talk about to makes you assured that we are honest, and caring? We are hear to listen, and offer any advice or thoughts on your concerns in life. Its part of our job as men period.
Feb 2nd 2014 new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hello everyone just want to see what you opinions are on this, what do you women want us men to know about you, and what areas of talk do you wish to talk about to makes you assured that we are honest, and caring? We are hear to listen, and offer any advice or thoughts on your concerns in life. Its part of our job as men period.
I did a little research and found this to be interesting. scratchchin
www.youtube.com

Feb 2nd 2014 new
(quote) William-888220 said: ...what do you women want us men to know about you, ....

That we are PEOPLE just like yourselves -- not aliens from Venus, not lunatics, not half-wits, not things. We just view the world from a slightly different angle, which you may find interesting and amusing at times, just as we find the male point of view interesting and amusing.

Beyond that...you know the wise old saying, don't you? What does a woman want? To have her own way. wink

biggrin

Feb 3rd 2014 new
We can't generalize can we? ahem....I won't use names.
we just want you to listen and hold us of course, you don't have to solve everything.
confidence is good
respect
kindness
calmness
and of course a good belly laugh is always necessary! laughing cool laughing cool
Feb 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: We can't generalize can we? ahem....I won't use names.
we just want you to listen and hold us of course, you don't have to solve everything.
confidence is good
respect
kindness
calmness
and of course a good belly laugh is always necessary!

What about chocolate?

(Just trying to accommodate the last part of your request.)

Feb 3rd 2014 new

Oh, that's just taking the easy way out. laughing

Seriously, though. Flowers, candy, etc., are no substitute for a meeting of minds and hearts.

Feb 8th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-755074 said: I did a little research and found this to be interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeVOBQfwq9A#t=12

Actually, the video is a decent start at an answer.

But I noticed that the original question was phrased in terms of how a man should talk. You could gather all the data and read all the books and learn to say just the right things. But if you say all the right things because they're the right thing then you might lose track of you. If she does the same thing and tries to do and say all the right things, then it'll be like a play about relationships instead of something real.
Feb 8th 2014 new
(quote) John-971967 said:

What about chocolate?

(Just trying to accommodate the last part of your request.)

Well, I can't speak for all women, but I do love good food. Not really a sweet tooth though. ;)
Feb 9th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Oh, that's just taking the easy way out.

Seriously, though. Flowers, candy, etc., are no substitute for a meeting of minds and hearts.

Marge, my comment was intended in jest.

Since the thread is asking answers of the women, the obvious question I have is this: does the woman want a man like Joseph? Not that I am.

It just seems to me that not many women really think of St Joseph as an exemplar of a spouse they seek. That is, those that seek a spouse. It seems that it's always been the case, for likely two main reasons. Most men do not exemplify him as few likely can achieve the level of being a near perfect spouse & foster father. Could he have been a perfect earthly spouse & father? Or is it that women would rather have a much less perfect spouse but just with the attributes that would serve the woman well?

Now, the stretch question: what were the attributes of St Joseph?

Well, I thought this thread would really take off, with a lot of comments of what women want, but it hasn't.

Feb 9th 2014 new
To be more serious, I think women want someone who loves them as Christ loved the Church and as his own body. Women want someone who loves and respects them, not someone who looks down on them (benevolently or not.) They want to feel loved, cherished, protected etc. Maybe the thread didn't take off because all of this seems kind of obvious. (Well, it does to me anyway.)

St. Joseph's example is good, but he was not preserved from original sin. Christ's example is perfect. I think both men and women ought to imitate his example in marriage but since I'm typing on my phone, I'll leave it at that for now.

One last thing though. Look at how Jesus treats women in the Gospels. Even today it's a breath of fresh air. A man who imitated his example could not go wrong.
Posts 1 - 10 of 118